Interest thread: titanium clip

light-modder

Enlightened
I'd like to have some titanium clips made that are modeled after the new Preon P1 clip. I plan on using it on my copper Lumintop Tool. The clip on my Tool came off a handful of times before it was finally lost.

I talked to a local shop with a water jet that said they were sure they could cut some out. So now I am trying to see how many others would be interested as well. I also thought about making it longer to make a deep carry clip.

I think it could be made a little thicker without compromising the functionality of the tail cap. Also should we do titanium or would spring steel be better?

So to recap:

Who wants one?
How thick should they be?
Titanium or spring steel?

gunga

Flashaholic
Bump. Come on all with Lumintop copper and ti tool. Let's get a good deep carry clip! The ti and copper conduct through the threads so it won't be affected by a nice thick clip.

light-modder

Enlightened
Ooops, in the recap I forgot about the length. I would like a deep carry clip myself. Something else I think we should address is the height of the deep carry clip. I was thinking that it should go to the end of the switch on the ti tool. That way it will still work good for the other tools but won't be too long for the ti.

Anyone know the thickness of the dark sucks clip?

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Love my Ti Tool. haven't had any problems with the clip coming off but would like a deeper carry in the pocket. I assume these will thread down with the tailcap - will there be any contact problems?

I'm in for 2.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
In for 2-4 if the price is right, remember this are low cost lights. The light really needs a deep carry clip. I think many would want one, but have to see the finished product. if theybave never done clips before there could be issues. maybe contact someone who regularly does nice clips.

light-modder

Enlightened
No real updates, sorry gunga. I was waiting a little bit to see what interest was like. I'm going to drop the clip off next week so they can take measurements and all that. I was going to have them make one or two and see how them come out before ordering a bunch. There hasn't been as much interest as I had hoped for but maybe they won't be too much since we won't need a big piece of material. I thought more of those with the toolvn would be interested. I know I read a report or two of people losing them due to the clip. At any rate hopefully in a week or two we will have a prototype or an example of what this shop can do for us.

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast
Depending on the price I'd be interested in a few. If I were you I'd get a few more than the interest in this thread because I'm sure many people will see this after the fact and want some.

I just posted this in the FF Facebook group.

Last edited:

turkeylord

Enlightened
Depending on the price I'd be interested in a few. If I were you I'd get a few more than the interest in this thread because I'm sure many people will see this after the fact and want some.

I just posted this in the FF Facebook group.
+1