Best 18650 multipurpose flashlight?

alexschotte

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I use my flashlight for many things, like hunting or walking the dog at night.

I am looking for a good value for money allrounder.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

jarheadgreasemonkey

Newly Enlightened
My best all around value light is a Manker/BLF A6...

For a little more, the Fenix PD35 has yet to let me down.

Might be a little more helpful to know your budget as "value" can certainly mean different things to different people.

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
The K60 is our favorite all-around light and is 10:1 our most used light.

It provides 6 levels of output (1 lumen to 5,000), has great runtime, it's built tough, feels good in the head, and the UI is very simple and intuitive.

Depending on your budget, give it a look.

irongate

Enlightened
The K60 is our favorite all-around light and is 10:1 our most used light.

It provides 6 levels of output (1 lumen to 5,000), has great runtime, it's built tough, feels good in the head, and the UI is very simple and intuitive.

Depending on your budget, give it a look.

Sorry for this question- who makes a K60 ?

Lexel

Enlightened
~1000 lumens EDC lights
Nitecore P12, Convoy S2+, Fenic PD35, Manker U11

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi,

I use my flashlight for many things, like hunting or walking the dog at night.

I am looking for a good value for money allrounder.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!
:welcome:

One, or two or three or 4 x 18650?

Fenix TK75Vn X2 Q70. skylumen[dot]com/collections/v54-lights/products/tk75vnq-fenix-most-popular

This is currently my favorite all arounder. The light is big, for good reason: Lots of power (easy to do in a flashlight) and sufficient throw (easy to do in a flashlight) But, combined: Not so easy to do in a flashlight, unless done in a large flashlight. I like my all arounders to have sufficient throw and lots of power, thus really being an all arounder. Hence, the large size, in order to have lots of power and sufficient throw combined.

Skeeterg

Enlightened
A good all around light could be many things a matter of my opinion. I love Imalents with multi tint or multi LEDs with UV,red or flood emitters. LCD touch controls.So there u go.

ven

Flashaholic
Really need to be more specific in size, cost, fuel type as its endless................can be $50 suggestions or $500 that would work.

:welcome:

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was going to suggest an MD2 Malkoff but now it just seems inadequate somehow?

ven

Flashaholic
I think you scared him away

:whistle:

Who me:p

No point in me suggesting a bored c2, cryos bezel and triad tail with a p60vn then:poke:;)

Right, value and keeping cost down! not saying the best ! The seraph host ready for 18650 food $18.50 delivered, drop in............well for this maybe pflexpro with an xpl HI...............around $50-$60. Other options out there, maybe sportac or a p60 to suit the requirement.

ZL mk III seems pretty much spot on this side of $100 for a compact, high output, flexible UI flashlight..............

No more being sensible for me today!

He asked for opinions on an all-around light, not an EDC light.

For an EDC, yes it's massive...but for an all-around light, not at all.

I assumed all-rounder means to use for everything, for the bug out bag, for the car, for the on-person (holster EDC if necessary) for camping, for walking the dog, by the bedside, or even larger pocket (jackets) EDC. Therefore in my opinion that would cancel out anything bigger than 6-7 inches long and 2-2.5inch diameter head.

Apparently most of you were thinking in terms of flashlight stats all rounderness while I was thinking practicality in all situations.

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
We use K60's as our general light around the farm and property, for night walks, animal spotting, on the boat, in the UTV, bumps in the night, in our truck/get-home bag, etc.,.

Basically everything but EDC.

Neither me or my wife find it too large for any of those tasks, but can surely understand how others would.

ven

Flashaholic
Yes generally you could assume and EDC as a little small light which most would be, yet depending on who and what use for EDC can vary dramatically. My works EDC i do have a small AAA TiS, but also a stainless L2T with a nichia triple. If i lived near a vast part of land and walking /dog walking, i would be EDC'ing a k60vn or even an rc40vnT/TK75vnQ70 where little amounts of light fall short and get eaten up by the darkness.

Still for an all rounder, general multipurpose there are also some good 26650 fed lights these days, quite a bit more in the tank over 18650, nice size in hand too. For this fuel, olights r50/r50vn and acebeams ec50/ec60(vn flavours for tweaking to a more custom needs/wants).

OfTheWild

Newly Enlightened
For me, it really comes down to what is simple to carry in my pocket which means smaller the better. I use my Maratac AAA a couple times every day.

That being said, if I was going to just buy 1 light it would have to be my Zebralight H600Fw Mk II Floody. The natural white light and wide defuser makes its so nice to actually work with. I generally have no need to blast something 100yards away with light and find that some of the narrow lens lights are too bright to really do anything with but show off. I can climb under my car with the 600fw and go to work. I read in bed with it on my head and set to the low setting so it doesn't wake up the wife... and when we were out of power for 4 days last month, it was clutch sitting in a table lamp on medium and that 18650 battery working great for hours and hours.

Just my 2 cents.