Imalent        
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Results 151 to 167 of 167

Thread: R50 Pro/R50 Pro LE Discussion

  1. #151

    Default Re: R50 Pro/R50 Pro LE Discussion

    Just found and read through this thread. I have the R50 pro seeker LE installed in my truck for about 8 months now and never really had any issues. Used the light off and on about 2-3 times a week for my POC fire job. I haven't really used the light in the past few weeks and I went to use it 2 nights ago and it was dead coming off the charger. Had the same issues that were described by other people here. Called olight' s Georgia headquarters and they said they would ship me a new battery. Sounded like the same response everyone else got but they said they never heard of this problem and that I was the first to call. They said they think it might be an issue with the tailcap and are sending a replacement. I told them about the thread and the other issues people have had and they said no one has contacted them over any issues with the light. Sounds like there is no internal communication at this place. Once it shows up I'll throw the new battery and tail cap on and let it sit in my truck for 3-4 weeks and won't touch it. I'll let everyone know what happens.

    Ps: I mentioned that I thought it was the charger that was faulty and they said there was no chance that was the issue and it might be the light itself. They also said that If the problem occurs again I need to send the light in for replacement along with the charging dock.

  2. #152

    Default Re: R50 Pro/R50 Pro LE Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesEMT View Post
    Just found and read through this thread. I have the R50 pro seeker LE installed in my truck for about 8 months now and never really had any issues. Used the light off and on about 2-3 times a week for my POC fire job. I haven't really used the light in the past few weeks and I went to use it 2 nights ago and it was dead coming off the charger. Had the same issues that were described by other people here. Called olight' s Georgia headquarters and they said they would ship me a new battery. Sounded like the same response everyone else got but they said they never heard of this problem and that I was the first to call. They said they think it might be an issue with the tailcap and are sending a replacement. I told them about the thread and the other issues people have had and they said no one has contacted them over any issues with the light. Sounds like there is no internal communication at this place. Once it shows up I'll throw the new battery and tail cap on and let it sit in my truck for 3-4 weeks and won't touch it. I'll let everyone know what happens.

    Ps: I mentioned that I thought it was the charger that was faulty and they said there was no chance that was the issue and it might be the light itself. They also said that If the problem occurs again I need to send the light in for replacement along with the charging dock.
    WEird how a battery can go dead from sitting 8months of no use, but i think u should go for a replacement also in case the new one would act up, i would say get a keeppower 5200mah protected. The light itself i think is fine as the build quality is good and i have a hard time unless the battery acted up what could go dead from sitting in a car for so many months...

  3. #153
    Flashaholic* rookiedaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    A Place Called HOME
    Posts
    894

    Default Re: R50 Pro/R50 Pro LE Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesEMT View Post
    ...Ps: I mentioned that I thought it was the charger that was faulty and they said there was no chance that was the issue and it might be the light itself. They also said that If the problem occurs again I need to send the light in for replacement along with the charging dock.
    They initially thought it was the battery and somehow they thought replacing the battery will solved it but apparently the same problem still occurs and they finally updated the charging dock circuit last year (2017) with additional protection feature. I'm fairly sure it was the charging dock. Note that this does not happen to the USB charging cable version (aka, the non LE version).

    Quote Originally Posted by mortuus View Post
    WEird how a battery can go dead from sitting 8months of no use, but i think u should go for a replacement also in case the new one would act up, i would say get a keeppower 5200mah protected. The light itself i think is fine as the build quality is good and i have a hard time unless the battery acted up what could go dead from sitting in a car for so many months...
    Fyi, I previously tested a black labelled protected KeepPower 5200mAh and it does not fit inside R50 Pro, its length is too long, same as the Fenix 26650 protected cell. An IMR 26650 may fit tho...
    changing sigline ...

  4. #154

    Default Re: R50 Pro/R50 Pro LE Discussion

    Got the new battery and tail cap in on Friday. Shipping was pretty quick. Thought it would take longer. When I compared the new tailcap to the old there didn't appear to be any difference. The battery on the other hand had some changes. The contact points on the old one were silver in color and the new one is gold. When I was comparing the labels there was a small V2 on the new one (possibly version 2). Plugged it in and let it charge for a few minutes and everything worked fine. I'm going to set a reminder on my phone for one month from the 22nd and check it. I'm also not going to touch it until then. The charger in my truck is also hardwired in so when my truck is off it still is charging.
    Last edited by jamesEMT; 05-27-2018 at 11:56 AM.

  5. #155

    Default Re: R50 Pro/R50 Pro LE Discussion

    While it's been a month and no issue's. Been working great. On the up side Olight for some reason sent be another battery. So now I have a spare in the glove box.

  6. #156

    Default Re: R50 Pro/R50 Pro LE Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesEMT View Post
    While it's been a month and no issue's. Been working great. On the up side Olight for some reason sent be another battery. So now I have a spare in the glove box.
    great to hear so it was a dead battery afterall only.

  7. #157

    Default Re: R50 Pro/R50 Pro LE Discussion

    Apparently so. The up side is I also got a spare battery now too.

  8. #158

    Default Re: R50 Pro/R50 Pro LE Discussion

    So if I buy a Pro Seeker LE edition now is it likely to just work? Is there anything in particular I need to check with the seller?

  9. #159

    Default Re: R50 Pro/R50 Pro LE Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by qtaco View Post
    So if I buy a Pro Seeker LE edition now is it likely to just work? Is there anything in particular I need to check with the seller?
    What you mean ? if you buy it a brand new light it should work, very rare chance the light would be doa it can happen but very unlike for an Olight light. best is to buy from olight to get full warranty etc in case something would be not working.

  10. #160

    Default Re: R50 Pro/R50 Pro LE Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by mortuus View Post
    What you mean ? if you buy it a brand new light it should work, very rare chance the light would be doa it can happen but very unlike for an Olight light. best is to buy from olight to get full warranty etc in case something would be not working.
    Yes I would buy directly from Olight as well so you get the latest iteration of the model that hopefully has all the glitches fixed. I'm fairly confident they worked out all the bugs since people are having the initial problems with their chargers/ batteries.
    "There ain't no bones in a hotdog" F. York.

  11. #161

    Default Re: R50 Pro/R50 Pro LE Discussion

    if anyone is interested in the sold out r50 copper there is a brand new on ebay right now, it has the UK plug tho but that doesnt matter not many of those around today and still new unopened.


    https://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-CU-Oli...znx-:rk:1:pf:0

  12. #162

    Default Re: R50 Pro/R50 Pro LE Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by mortuus View Post
    if anyone is interested in the sold out r50 copper there is a brand new on ebay right now, it has the UK plug tho but that doesnt matter not many of those around today and still new unopened.


    https://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-CU-Oli...znx-:rk:1:pf:0
    Thanks, put in best offer
    TM36 Lite | Vish's ThruNite TN36UTVN | Olight S1-Cu Baton Raw Copper | Olight S1-Cu Baton Exclusive Raw SS Copper

  13. #163
    Flashaholic* xevious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hoboken, NJ
    Posts
    1,021

    Default Re: Failed Light

    So what is the upshot here? Is the Pro LE quick charger at fault, or is the charger included with the Pro (non LE) also a battery killer?
    Light Brands in Rotation: FW3A, Zebralight, Jetbeam, Lumintop, RovyVon, Olight, Astrolux, Nitecore, NovaTac

  14. #164
    Enlightened Wonder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    upper midwest
    Posts
    89

    Default Re: Failed Light

    From what I have read most chargers either trickle charge or slightly discharge once the battery is fully charged. Trickle charging will over charge the battery causing damage. A slight discharge will most likely cause the charger to pump. So charge, discharge, charge, discharge over and over again. This also causes damage. Some chargers that have a slight discharge may just keep discharging running the battery down so when you really need it it does not work. It is possible to design a charger that will not damage batteries over time but it cost way more money to do so. So they don't do it. IMO a charger that would work correctly will only pump after the voltage has dropped down to about 3.8 volts. This way it would be weeks or months in the charge discharge charge cycle. So IMO it's best not to leave lights/batteries on a charger. Another thing to think about is the safety factor. Always monitor batteries when charging. The exception being you have a light/battery etc. that was designed to be left on the charger which many companies claim you can do but few actually work correctly.

  15. #165
    Enlightened
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    PRC
    Posts
    34

    Default Re: Failed Light

    So, has there been any info from Olight on this problem? They sent me a new battery several months ago and everything worked great until the other night when it just died. Put it in the charging dock and the green light is on but not charging. bat reads 00 so is dead dead. while in the charging station I click it on and get light so power is getting to the LED but not charging the battery. I'm guessing the charging station is the culprit.
    I'll contact them in the morning and see what they say.

  16. #166

    Default Re: Failed Light

    Quote Originally Posted by buglight View Post
    So, has there been any info from Olight on this problem? They sent me a new battery several months ago and everything worked great until the other night when it just died. Put it in the charging dock and the green light is on but not charging. bat reads 00 so is dead dead. while in the charging station I click it on and get light so power is getting to the LED but not charging the battery. I'm guessing the charging station is the culprit.
    I'll contact them in the morning and see what they say.
    i think its the battery it usually is the problem in this light.

  17. #167

    Default Re: Failed Light

    Quote Originally Posted by buglight View Post
    So, has there been any info from Olight on this problem? They sent me a new battery several months ago and everything worked great until the other night when it just died. Put it in the charging dock and the green light is on but not charging. bat reads 00 so is dead dead. while in the charging station I click it on and get light so power is getting to the LED but not charging the battery. I'm guessing the charging station is the culprit.
    I'll contact them in the morning and see what they say.
    Same here, did you get any feedback from Olight?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •