Fenix HL35 headlamp: batteries drained in standby?

cdm-dude

Newly Enlightened
Given that the two switches are not purely mechanical (or are they?), I've been assuming that the driver drew current from the batteries even when the HL35 was OFF. However, when I took my multi-meter to it, it told me a different story.

I am able to measure the actual current in all of the modes just fine. However, as soon as I switch the unit off, the MM reads 0.000 mAmps... So, is there really a complete cutoff or does the HL35 slowly drain the batteries in standby after all?

Thanks!

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had an HL35 since about a month after they came out. I use the light on a regulsr basis, almost daily, and when not in use it rides in my Maxpedition edc bag. I can say over the course of the past year I've not experienced a drain. Batteries are always like I left them, never discharged any further.

cdm-dude

Newly Enlightened
I've had an HL35 since about a month after they came out. I use the light on a regulsr basis, almost daily, and when not in use it rides in my Maxpedition edc bag. I can say over the course of the past year I've not experienced a drain. Batteries are always like I left them, never discharged any further.

Thank you for the input. I've had this light for about 2 years myself. And for the better half of that time it's been sitting in a drawer with the batteries inside. I haven't noticed any power drain but the common sense always told me that it was there. Then again, my understanding of how the electronics operate in this particular unit is somewhere near zero.
So, it would be nice if someone could actually shed some light on the subject... I know, bad pun, especially in this forum.