Need Christmas gift for father please help.

DIPSTIX

Enlightened
My father has seen my collection of lights and is interested in getting one for christmas. It will be his first quality flashlight and does not have a large knowledge base to wish to provide me useful information. I will supply some requirements and please help me narrow down a good choice.

•4500-6000°k
•DURABLE , able to be dropped on concrete from 2.5-3ft and be okay.
•300+ lumens. Looking for a thrower
•MINIMUM of 2 output levels, not including strobe/SOS
•POCKETABLE, able to be used as an edc

I am up for suggestions on batteries. I personally prefer 18650 but he does not have a charger and I do not know if he will buy a charger for one individual flashlight. I believe I'm going to be leaning more towards AA or AAA.

Last edited:

Lexel

Enlightened
A good lithium 1 slot charger costs 8$
A lot of lights have build in chargers

How big is pocketable?
1" diameter over the full body?

Nitecore MH12, P12, P12 GT or P12W, Fenix PD35, Manker U11, Olight SR2 Baton
About 200m throw tops

A little bit bigger
Klarus XT11GT, Nitecore P20, MH20 GT

big lights got a lot more throw 400m and more
Manker U21, Klarus XT12GT, Nitecore P30, EC4GT,

DIPSTIX

Enlightened
I am trying to stay away from nitecore at this moment. I looked up the U11 just now and it seems like a good option. I will add that to the list of possible lights. I like the built in charging and I have had amazing customer service with manker.

Lexel

Enlightened
Convoy C8, Nitecore P12, Eagle Eye X6, Eagle Eye X2R, Convoy S2+ 365nm Nichia UV with ZWB2 filter, Skilhunt H03R, Jetbeam Jet-1 MK
The Eagle Eye X6 is really nice and affordable came yesterday

I got all those light exept the P12 open and disassembled, what I saw inside was all about the same quality
there is not much what can get damaged
IMG_8668.jpg

Convoy C8 XPL Hi (Modded with new driver and AR lens), Eagle Eye X6 and Nitecore P12
IMG_8685.jpg

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic

narmattaru

Enlightened
of you look for something elegant - i offfer torpedo 007 as it is extremely compact and looks nice. yet it is good as a flashlight.
but this one requires CR123 or 16340

or manker U11 as really cheap but completely functional light without any misadvantages (as for me).