Too Vast For A Lumen Blast

blindedbythenight

Enlightened
Is it just me? (say that it isn't) or are there any others out there whose domes (shaved or hairy) are too big to wear a headlamp comfortably even at full adjustment?

Beginning to think I should contact a circus...

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh gesh. This is funny. Sorry to be the messenger here, but I think your big ol melon may be the problem. ha.

Seriously, what kinda headlamps and bands have you tried? A single band or one that has the two and secures it from the sides and the top.

Beth641

Newly Enlightened
Oh gesh. This is funny. Sorry to be the messenger here, but I think your big ol melon may be the problem. ha.

Seriously, what kinda headlamps and bands have you tried? A single band or one that has the two and secures it from the sides and the top.

lol.. perfect.. :)

blindedbythenight

Enlightened
Oi stop mocking the afflicted or I'll headbutt ya...and with my weapon of mass noggin you don't want that hehe. I have had a ledlenser which wasnt too bad, thrunite th20 which was so so and today got xtar warboy that feels way too tight even on the largest fixing...it is a band with another band over the top.

blindedbythenight

Enlightened
I have a feeling imalent hr20. Fits pretty good on my large Mellon.
Heard bad things about Imalent...which is a shame as they do an all singing all dancing flood, spot, compass, kitchen sink job that I was eyeing up. I've kept the warboy as I like the light so much...hate the clip and the headband but in a pinch (literally) I can cope. May try the nightcore hc30 to see if that fits my chrome dome.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tomato on a Toothpick eh?

Try a huge hat and a light clipped to the visor?

Flashlight Forehead implant?

Servant bearing illumination?

Just Spit-Balling here.

Tejasandre

Flashlight Enthusiast
Heard bad things about Imalent...which is a shame as they do an all singing all dancing flood, spot, compass, kitchen sink job that I was eyeing up. I've kept the warboy as I like the light so much...hate the clip and the headband but in a pinch (literally) I can cope. May try the nightcore hc30 to see if that fits my chrome dome.

It's a $26 18650 job. I've seen a couple people with issues too. Mines ok so far. No heavy usage mind you.

Worst case, you get an expensive headband for a different light.

blindedbythenight

Enlightened
Tomato on a Toothpick eh?

Try a huge hat and a light clipped to the visor?

Flashlight Forehead implant?

Servant bearing illumination?

Just Spit-Balling here.
More watermelon on a grapefruit on cannonball on two matchsticks.

Your suggestions...are......innovative.

I think I'll just superglue it to my chin...can always grow a hipster beard to hide it.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
More watermelon on a grapefruit on cannonball on two matchsticks.

Your suggestions...are......innovative.

I think I'll just superglue it to my chin...can always grow a hipster beard to hide it.
The first one was actually serious too!
Hat and light clipped to hat.

MX421

Enlightened
Maybe just get some elastic material and make a larger band for one of the lights you have? Mine is a medium sized head, so i'll not be too much help with comparisons...

If you are all shaved, i'd also recommend a top strap to keep in from slipping down, especially since you mention running.

blindedbythenight

Enlightened
Maybe just get some elastic material and make a larger band for one of the lights you have? Mine is a medium sized head, so i'll not be too much help with comparisons...

If you are all shaved, i'd also recommend a top strap to keep in from slipping down, especially since you mention running.
Yeah agreed. May have to resort to the elastic strap though I am determined to find a strap on a headlamp that fits...if onlybto prove I don't have a circus sideshow head! Haha.

MX421

Enlightened
The Xtar strap looks a lot like the Zebralight and Armytek straps, I don't have one on front of me, but i think the Armytek strap has a lot of play in it (for me) and may fit better. They aren't very expensive. If nothing else, ytake all the hardware off and build one with a strap that fits...

blindedbythenight

Enlightened
The Xtar strap looks a lot like the Zebralight and Armytek straps, I don't have one on front of me, but i think the Armytek strap has a lot of play in it (for me) and may fit better. They aren't very expensive. If nothing else, ytake all the hardware off and build one with a strap that fits...
I was looking at the tiara and others so may give me the excuse to buy one

MX421

Enlightened
I was looking at the tiara and others so may give me the excuse to buy one

I got a Tiara for my wife. do a search for quality issues with the Armyteks to be aware. That being said, i have had good luck so far (except two which i was able to send back since i got it through a dealer). I always say to buy through a dealer, but Armytek is trying to get rid of their V2 of their Tiaras and Wizards and i bit the bullet on a High CRI Wizard buying directly through them. Was actually cheaper than a used one i got not long ago for my Dad. I ordered some extra tailcaps (with the magnet) and now have a regular Wizard with a magnet. They sell the entire headband assembly for pretty cheap if i recall...

blindedbythenight

Enlightened
I got a Tiara for my wife. do a search for quality issues with the Armyteks to be aware. That being said, i have had good luck so far (except two which i was able to send back since i got it through a dealer). I always say to buy through a dealer, but Armytek is trying to get rid of their V2 of their Tiaras and Wizards and i bit the bullet on a High CRI Wizard buying directly through them. Was actually cheaper than a used one i got not long ago for my Dad. I ordered some extra tailcaps (with the magnet) and now have a regular Wizard with a magnet. They sell the entire headband assembly for pretty cheap if i recall...
I had seen the wizard pro v3 and the acebeam h10 both of them whacking out over 2000 lumens but as you say I had seen quality issues with armytek...not sure how well acebeam do on the quality front? But if I am only getting an armytek headband there isn't too much can go wrong...he says optimistically.[emoji13]