Anyone here ever carry a Zebralight SC600 daily? Pocket or holster?

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
So after carrying my SC52 for 3 years, losing it, switching to my Spark SL5-220cw, only to see it's switch break after 6 months, then carrying my Eagletac D25C ti for a few months til I got tired of the 6-7 strobes that MUST be cycled through frequently, I decided to try carrying my never-used Zebralight SC600 Mk1 from 2012.

I had never considered carrying it because of its size and heft, but while trying to figure out which edc light to buy next, I figured what the hay....

Its the somewhat outdated XM-L U2 model, but as I recall it otf's 770L. That's obviously not as good as 1100 or 1330 like the mkII or mkIII, but it's very bright and I rarely need turbo anyway.

Problem is, I'm carrying it in a pants pocket or coat pocket. It's clip isn't sturdy enough because it comes off easily. I find that it's easier to accurately find the right modes due to its increased size vs the SC52, which I would accidentally switch into turbo when I wanted low-low!

Anyone else ever carry one of these, and if so, how did you carry it, and what was your experience?

Last edited:

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Been front-pocket carrying one under my wallet since it was introduced; only issue is on many pants/shorts with a cell phone pocket, if your phone is positioned vertically it will knock against the flashlight above it each time you step, so you have to be sure the phone is positioned horizontally. The Leatherman in the other pocket wears through material long before the flashlight makes any problems.

Climb14er

Enlightened
I've got an early edition SC600, great light, reliable, bullet proof. I tried to carry it, for me it's too large. But I do travel with it in my briefcase and carry on luggage.

When the SC52 came out, I immediately carried it. Great light for the pocket.

Wanting a bit more light, I just transitioned to the SC62cw and for me, it's the ideal Carry light.

Between the SC600 at bedside, the SC52 and SC62 for carry, I'm covered.

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't edc my gen1 SC600. Its a great light, but its not edc-sized to me. In a jacket pocket, maybe. Definitely a good bag light, but not pocket. My opinion of course; ymmv.

Now the newer generation stuff, that's a different story. But that's not really what you asked.

lampeDépêche

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been EDC'ing my MkIII HI for a few months since getting it. Front left pocket, clip has never been a problem, and I have the clip mounted so that the push-button is facing the fabric and is protected from getting turned on by the other stuff in there (cell phone, keys, etc.).

I see that you are referring to an older SC600 which was a bit bigger, or at least longer. Not sure if the clip was different.

It's towards the limit of the EDC'able, in my opinion, but it is working out fine. I have also considered switching to one of the SC62 models for EDC'ing, and if size is a consideration then you should think about those.

Batou00159

Enlightened
I got a holster for mine. As carrying this square end in the pocket was not so cool.
On another note nice to hear someone. Other than me carrys a mk 1 ☺

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rip-Offs brand holster,not sure which one?
They have a strong metal clip on the back too and are padded.

4decc2bed8c55c22ddf39489725aa2e9.jpg
7a3de9a657eb079957ecaedcdaf3c77e.jpg

Solarforce Clip fits pretty well but did need small coil of solder in tail cap to make contact due the thickness of the clip.
The clip is a beast too!

2b7bb198b5f788fd87132b913af80211.jpg
abf2e4b8d15dd8c08f3b748309736a37.jpg

Last edited:

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tell 600 series is to big to EDC IMO, especially coming from an SC52. The 62 is pretty much perfect. The head diameter is the problem for me with EDCing the 600, the length isn't an issue.

pblanch

Enlightened
Still have original SC600.

Switch is unreliable now for some reason. Almost guaranteed to go on high on button press. Still love it though and couldn't get rid of it ever.

I generally only carry my MT20GT now. Love that thing.

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
Still have original SC600.

Switch is unreliable now for some reason. Almost guaranteed to go on high on button press. Still love it though and couldn't get rid of it ever.

I generally only carry my MT20GT now. Love that thing.

**Adding more of the Palpatine-Vader phone call to your signature, "You've been flying around for 2 weeks trying to get a signal? You must smell like feet, wrapped in burnt bacon! Now, get your 7' 2" asthmatic butt back here, or I'm gonna tell everyone what a whiny sissy you were about Padamame or Panda Bear, or whatever her name was! Hey now, don't cry, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to snap, I'm just dealing with a lot of crap right now. You know, a bunch of teenagers blowing up the Death Star and all.......":crackup:

Last edited:

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
So after carrying my SC52 for 3 years, losing it, switching to my Spark SL5-220cw, only to see it's switch break after 6 months, then carrying my Eagletac D25C ti for a few months til I got tired of the 6-7 strobes that MUST be cycled through frequently, I decided to try carrying my never-used Zebralight SC600 Mk1 from 2012.

I had never considered carrying it because of its size and heft, but while trying to figure out which edc light to buy next, I figured what the hay....

Its the somewhat outdated XM-L U2 model, but as I recall it otf's 770L. That's obviously not as good as 1100 or 1330 like the mkII or mkIII, but it's very bright and I rarely need turbo anyway.

Problem is, I'm carrying it in a pants pocket or coat pocket. It's clip isn't sturdy enough because it comes off easily. I find that it's easier to accurately find the right modes due to its increased size vs the SC52, which I would accidentally switch into turbo when I wanted low-low!

Anyone else ever carry one of these, and if so, how did you carry it, and what was your experience?

Why would they have to be cycled through frequently? Just turn off memory mode and you should never have to cycle through them unless for some reason you are going through all the modes more then twice before turning the light off(dont see why this would happen in normal use).

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep!

That Solarforce,the HK SF Clone manufacturer.

$5 usually too!

4134ed260f55f5e2d278880ee6486782.jpg

383b7dfad28cb3bec6b115fd5071c680.jpg

The clip that came with the original SC600 mk1 is one of those snap on clips. I had one of them on my Spark SL5, and it took just 2 hours on day 1 for it to fall off and disappear! That Solarforce clip looks good though. But I don't quite understand what you mean when you said you had to add a coil of solder to it. Is that the old SC80 that held a CR123 or AA(with sleeve)?

Last edited:

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast
That Solarforce clip looks good though. But I don't quite understand what you mean when you said you had to add a coil of solder to it.
The threads are anodized and the clip causes a gap between the body and tail cap. In order to complete the circuit you need something to fill the gap. I've used paperclips in the past when a battery has been to long.

Cobraman502

Enlightened
Been EDCing my SC600w MKIII HI for a few months in left rear pocket and it has not been a problem at all. Even sitting down the light is more towards my hip rather than under me. I'm only 170lbs so it's not like I have a lot of "cushion". I wish the clip were attached however it has not caused me any trouble as is. The output and ease of accessing any of the levels from off makes finding the right output simple. You don't have strobe modes "tactical defense mode" getting in the way. I don't really care considering I have a CCL and wouldn't use my flashlight or knife as a defense weapon.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
The threads are anodized and the clip causes a gap between the body and tail cap. In order to complete the circuit you need something to fill the gap. I've used paperclips in the past when a battery has been to long.

Exactly!

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
The clip that came with the original SC600 mk1 is one of those snap on clips. I had one of them on my Spark SL5, and it took just 2 hours on day 1 for it to fall off and disappear! That Solarforce clip looks good though. But I don't quite understand what you mean when you said you had to add a coil of solder to it. Is that the old SC80 that held a CR123 or AA(with sleeve)?

The answer for the solder question is in the next post.

The Solarforce clip fits most lights sized like full size SF which is what they model most of their hosts on.
The clip is a tank and cheap for something so useful I think.

Yes that is an SC80,an idea that I wish they had continued mostly too!