RC40 owners

tom-

Enlightened
Thinking of getting one for my brother as a gift- if you have/had one would you please give your thoughts?; tnks in advance.

ven

Flashaholic
Mine is not standard, so take that part away and simply a beast of a light. Solid and very nice quality as to expect from a fenix flagship light. Can take the output very well on max, convenient charge for topping off ready for the next use.
Large case with all the goodies

Next to a tk75vnQ70

eye/s of the beast

Even with the run time kit on the tk75, still looks small

Be warned, once handled you may want one yourself :poke:

Last edited:

tom-

Enlightened
KJ, your review was the most useful for me to date, very well done. Ven, what mods did you get and what is the performance like, is the blueish tint same or more/less pronounced-and what do guys think causes it? Oh, and does the 40 have the ability to work on less than all leds and batteries like my great ld60??

Appreciate the info/help.

colight

Enlightened
This RC40 is a flashlight that I've had my eyes on for a long time! I am seriously watching my budget to get the money together to buy one of those. Maybe I should by myself a gift for Christmas - From: Me, To: Me......

ven

Flashaholic
It is close to 8000 OTF lumens and near 500kcd in a 5000k/neutral from the de-domed xml2's . Not over keen on the 6500k generally . I can cope with cooler tints, but I prefer a more neutral given the choice. Heat wise it copes very well, many lights with 15,000lm or more are good for a minute not so, then you have to use at 50% or even 30% for any length of time . This you get full performance , yes it does get quite warm but manageable .

No it does not allow use of less cells/ leds unless you chose the rc40vnF version(this has 2 drivers that work 3 leds each of each button), it has a 6 cell propirotory pack which can be removed and swapped out for another if choose to buy a separate pack. Mine has had the cells swapped for 10a 3500mah making it a 10,500mah pack. If using the USB function it doubles to 21,000mah going off fenix specs (doubling iirc).