Sky Lumen        
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 380

Thread: Show off your triples and quads

  1. #61
    ven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Manchester UK
    Posts
    21,055

    Default Re: Show off your triples and quads

    Here are some at home triple's and quad's in a little line up
    Triple nichia 219B/quad xpg2 5000k/triple nichia 219C/quad xpl HI 5000k/triple xpg2 4000k/triple xpl HI 4000k/quad xpl 5000/6500k/triple xpl /triple xpl HI 5000k/triple xpl HI 5000k/quad 219C/triple 219B

  2. #62
    *Flashaholic* Offgridled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    5,556

    Default Re: Show off your triples and quads

    Quote Originally Posted by ven View Post
    Here are some at home triple's and quad's in a little line up
    Triple nichia 219B/quad xpg2 5000k/triple nichia 219C/quad xpl HI 5000k/triple xpg2 4000k/triple xpl HI 4000k/quad xpl 5000/6500k/triple xpl /triple xpl HI 5000k/triple xpl HI 5000k/quad 219C/triple 219B
    Always nice to see your beautiful lights ven
    I see a pattern there with 4000k and 5000k . Amazing tint for sure!!

  3. #63
    ven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Manchester UK
    Posts
    21,055

    Default Re: Show off your triples and quads

    Thanks OG, back at ya!

    Yes, over time taste or preferred can change and i seem to like 4000-5000k mainly over brighter cools. I like my lumens, but i also like to see things how they should be or easy on the eye. 5000k most should like, even if they have a warmer or cooler preference as its not too much in either direction. Down to 4000k works well for me in EDC type lights, where throwing light 1000m is unnecessary, yet nice colours on tired eyes is welcomed close up. For me variety is key, swap things up a little basically.................keeps the interest . At present I grab a different light each day for general tasks/uses , so all see some use rather than sit there. Hopefully a BOSS 35 will join at some point(after xmas more than likely thanks to kids and presents ). For now more than content though, gives time to appreciate what one has!

    Will have to try and get a triple/quad full group pic one day, trouble is the lights are scattered about..............Could always add some multi LED lights, triple etc LED............

  4. #64
    *Flashaholic* easilyled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Middlesex, UK
    Posts
    7,195

    Default Re: Show off your triples and quads

    This is mine so far:-



    We are all flotsam and jetsam being carried by a relentless tide towards our ultimate fate!

  5. #65
    ven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Manchester UK
    Posts
    21,055

    Default Re: Show off your triples and quads

    WOW Daniel, amazing out of this world collection there.................. Complete awesome custom overload

  6. #66
    *Flashaholic* Offgridled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    5,556

    Default Re: Show off your triples and quads

    Boy your not kidding WOW. I do like you ended it in "so far"

  7. #67
    *Flashaholic* easilyled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Middlesex, UK
    Posts
    7,195

    Default Re: Show off your triples and quads

    Quote Originally Posted by ven View Post
    WOW Daniel, amazing out of this world collection there.................. Complete awesome custom overload
    Quote Originally Posted by Offgridled View Post
    Boy your not kidding WOW. I do like you ended it in "so far"
    Thank you Mark and OG. I used to be more of a single led/reflector fan, but that's changing.
    We are all flotsam and jetsam being carried by a relentless tide towards our ultimate fate!

  8. #68
    ven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Manchester UK
    Posts
    21,055

    Default Re: Show off your triples and quads

    Quote Originally Posted by easilyled View Post
    Thank you Mark and OG. I used to be more of a single led/reflector fan, but that's changing.

    As much as i still like reflector based lights, i do find triples/quads/mules of more use generally. Nice to have the option.............

  9. #69
    *Flashaholic* Offgridled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    5,556

    Default Re: Show off your triples and quads

    Quote Originally Posted by easilyled View Post
    Thank you Mark and OG. I used to be more of a single led/reflector fan, but that's changing.
    Yes I agree but they both still have their places and purposes. But the trips and quad's are my go to lights

    upload a gif

    free adult image hosting

    image hosting websites

    upload pictures

    capture screen

    How about a quad- triple.. just because.

    image upload no registration
    Last edited by Offgridled; 11-27-2016 at 12:59 AM.

  10. #70
    ven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Manchester UK
    Posts
    21,055

    Default Re: Show off your triples and quads

    Is that a coating or the actual lens design OG? How is the beam, any sign of a hot spot at all or just a wall of light........................like a lot

  11. #71
    *Flashaholic* easilyled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Middlesex, UK
    Posts
    7,195

    Default Re: Show off your triples and quads

    Quote Originally Posted by Offgridled View Post
    Yes I agree but they both still have their places and purposes. But the trips and quad's are my go to lights
    How about a quad- triple.. just because.
    Wow! Very impressive collection that you have there OG. I'd also like to know more about your quad triple.
    We are all flotsam and jetsam being carried by a relentless tide towards our ultimate fate!

  12. #72
    ven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Manchester UK
    Posts
    21,055

    Default Re: Show off your triples and quads

    The m43vn is a cool light in its own way, i do bang on about being able to run high output for long duration's................but you need a huge light for this. When you need a big output, but not for long periods and can carry in a coat pocket.............m43vn is a good option. Even when used at 30% , it gets quite warm but manages it for quite a few minutes a time(never tested for too long as did not need it on for much over 5m ). 30% will probably be around 3000lm(11k OTF) and enough to light up down a dark street very well................and keep your hand nice and warm. I know some dont find it comfy due to the short length, i hold it with thumb over button or near and index finger underneath issue free with other fingers just resting underneath to steady body when needed.

  13. #73
    *Flashaholic* easilyled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Middlesex, UK
    Posts
    7,195

    Default Re: Show off your triples and quads

    Quote Originally Posted by ven View Post
    The m43vn is a cool light in its own way, i do bang on about being able to run high output for long duration's................but you need a huge light for this. When you need a big output, but not for long periods and can carry in a coat pocket.............m43vn is a good option. Even when used at 30% , it gets quite warm but manages it for quite a few minutes a time(never tested for too long as did not need it on for much over 5m ). 30% will probably be around 3000lm(11k OTF) and enough to light up down a dark street very well................and keep your hand nice and warm. I know some dont find it comfy due to the short length, i hold it with thumb over button or near and index finger underneath issue free with other fingers just resting underneath to steady body when needed.
    Is that what OG's quad triple is? Excuse my ignorance.
    We are all flotsam and jetsam being carried by a relentless tide towards our ultimate fate!

  14. #74
    ven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Manchester UK
    Posts
    21,055

    Default Re: Show off your triples and quads

    Quote Originally Posted by easilyled View Post
    Is that what OG's quad triple is? Excuse my ignorance.

    It is Daniel,not sure what LED options are in it though.

  15. #75
    *Flashaholic* Offgridled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    5,556

    Default Re: Show off your triples and quads

    Quote Originally Posted by ven View Post
    Is that a coating or the actual lens design OG? How is the beam, any sign of a hot spot at all or just a wall of light........................like a lot
    That's how Vinh sent the light to me with this lens on it. A true wall of light!!

  16. #76

    Default Re: Show off your triples and quads

    My first (not last!) Hanko – a Twisted Titanium Trident:



    Just traded it actually, for a Gunner Grip Trident in copper. Should be here Monday. Can't wait!

  17. #77
    ven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Manchester UK
    Posts
    21,055

    Default Re: Show off your triples and quads

    A stunning pic

  18. #78

    Default Re: Show off your triples and quads

    Quote Originally Posted by ven View Post
    A stunning pic
    Thanks! It's a stunning light

  19. #79

    Default Re: Show off your triples and quads


  20. #80
    *Flashaholic* Offgridled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    5,556

    Default Re: Show off your triples and quads

    Quote Originally Posted by jclubbn5 View Post
    Now that's a statement!! :stunning:

  21. #81
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Kent, England
    Posts
    451

    Default Re: Show off your triples and quads

    This just arrived from Tana. Triple 219c on a 16500 Aleph body, I put a To bezel ring on it too. Please excuse the phone pics.


    Beware the badger uprising...

  22. #82
    ven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Manchester UK
    Posts
    21,055

    Default Re: Show off your triples and quads

    Quote Originally Posted by jclubbn5 View Post


  23. #83
    ven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Manchester UK
    Posts
    21,055

    Default Re: Show off your triples and quads

    Very smart Marc, real nice set up, really like that host and 219c is one of my fav's.

  24. #84
    ven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Manchester UK
    Posts
    21,055

    Default Re: Show off your triples and quads

    Red c2 with a quad mule p60vn and drivervn3 of eddy F's





    FF mode

    Flavour of this quad is 2x xpl HI 4000k and 2x xpl HI 6500k
    Last edited by ven; 12-19-2016 at 02:46 PM.

  25. #85

    Default Re: Show off your triples and quads

    Thanks for adding them mark very nice job as always mate

  26. #86
    ven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Manchester UK
    Posts
    21,055

    Default Re: Show off your triples and quads

    anytime, all you need now is a haiku, hds, hanko and a sinner ...............to name a few.............oh and get posting more

  27. #87
    *Flashaholic* easilyled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Middlesex, UK
    Posts
    7,195

    Default Re: Show off your triples and quads

    Very nicely put together combo, Eddyf. Very handsome looking light.
    We are all flotsam and jetsam being carried by a relentless tide towards our ultimate fate!

  28. #88
    *Flashaholic* Offgridled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    5,556

    Default Re: Show off your triples and quads

    Quote Originally Posted by easilyled View Post
    Very nicely put together combo, Eddyf. Very handsome looking light.
    +1: beautiful and impressive Lego dropin

  29. #89

    Default Re: Show off your triples and quads

    Appreciate the nice comments guys, thanks. Now to broaden my collection

  30. #90
    ven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Manchester UK
    Posts
    21,055

    Default Re: Show off your triples and quads

    Special gift from liteboy, be rude not to post here

    Quad mule with 4 different LED's that gives out a stunning tint. Beautiful.............really is
    Ingredients





    Rough colour example


    Made up

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •