I wonder what is the best 4 X AA Flashlight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have had a Nitecore EA45S for a week now and it is pretty impressive to me!
The construction is a whole other level of solid over the standard fare and the mode spacing seems right to me too.

I am sure the Fenix models are nice too but I need a Moonlight level too so no Fenix for me.

I have also had the original Nitecore E4 Pioneer since they came out and it has been solid for me,not a single problem but it is not as solid as the new one either.

c8baf5336ca87d69075e0acc9b8ce9b9.jpg

Last edited:

Chevy-SS

Enlightened
Sunwayman D40A. Unbelievable light. I've got one and I've gifted another half-dozen to my special friends, who are all invariably AWED & AMAZED!!!

Treeguy

Enlightened
I can't say it's the highest quality since I have no other 4xAA to compare it to, but my TN4A HI for $65Cdn. is perfectly satisfactory. Seems to be well built, good modes, and throws like all hell. I have zero complaints with any of the Thrunites I've bought.

And the TN4A HI was only $65. The Fenix E41 is $85. The Nitecore EA45S is $115. And the Sunwayman D40A is $95. All of those prices fluctuate a bit, but the Thrunite is always the least expensive.

So you get the TN4A HI and 4 Eneloop Pros and charger for the price of most of the other models. And maybe a bit of change as well. :cool:

Jomohr84

Newly Enlightened
I am very happy with the Thrunite TN4A.I bought it after reading Selfbuilt's 4xAA reviews, it has great mode spacing, long run times, combination of great throw and spill, is well built, has battery life indicator, and available in neutral white. That's just the beginning, check out his review for all the info. For me personally, it has more than met my needs for just about any circumstance. There are reviews on youtube where they "torture" them as well, e.g. throwing them around, freezing them in water, etc.

Skeeterg

Enlightened
Imalent SA-04 all the way. Adjustable tint 4000 to 7000k,and also has 3 different colored LEDs.LCD touch display from 1 lumen to 930.

Jomohr84

Newly Enlightened
From Selfbuilt's review

"PWM/Strobe

There is no sign of PWM that I can see, at any output level – the TN4A is fully current-controlled"

So I don't believe it has PWM

Status
Not open for further replies.