Niteye Eye10 - loose ring normal?

ignign0kt1

Newly Enlightened
I bought an Eye10 to replace my JetBeam RRT01 that I lost. The control ring came loose and noisy when jiggle around. I'm guessing this isn't normal. Could someone confirm that for me?
I tried to show it on video, but it feels a lot worse than it even looks : https://vid.me/0ddF
It feels cheap and janky.

cyclesport

Enlightened
I don't have a "new" Eye 10 but do own a 4 year old Eye 10 and RRT01 *(FYI: same basic light made by same parent co.) and own the newest/last version of the RRT01. ...And based on the newer RRT01 I'm guessing the dimen. spec has loosened since the ring action is loose and rattles as does your new EYE 10, and generally feels lower quality than either of my older ring lights.

The price also was around $85 in 2012, and $54 for the newer RRT01 last year so that might explain the quality drop also.

ignign0kt1

Newly Enlightened
Yeah I was wondering why mine looked a little different than the official niteye photos (different control ring design and shorter pocket clip - figured it was a newer revision)
Thats too bad. My RRT01 was also 4 years old and was rock solid up until the day I lost it.
Suppose I'll just deal with it since it works just fine.
Thanks