What Are YOU Planning Or Buying/Ordering On Black Friday And/Or Cyber Monday?

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
As posted above, Black Friday, and then Cyber Monday, are only a matter of days away. With that in mind, what are you planning on buying or ordering as a result of any sale pricing that might be underway?

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't bought any flashlight this year. Want a small thrower with better UI, beam and tint than my M2x-UT. Been looking at the Nitecore P30.

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been eyeing that one up, too. But then I get sidetracked by the Klarus XT12GT. I am still not completely sure which one I might get. Both of them actually look like great lights!

ToddM

Enlightened
So far I haven't seen any must have Black Friday light deals. I bet Surefire does not repeat the mistake they made last year, though they probably sold more product in a couple days than they normally do in two months. I've looked at most of the leaked ads and perhaps it's just early but so far unless you are buying kids toys, tv's, vacuum cleaners, or video games there doesn't seem much interesting out there.

Home Depot will again have 30 AA and 30 AAA Rayovac batteries for $10. They currently have 24 AA or 24 AAA's for $5 which isn't bad either if you don't need both sizes.
Battery Junction in the past has had some really good prices on AA/AAA energizer lithium in bulk and CR123's.
Fenix has new deals every hour from fri-mon 11am-3pm MST, but I'm not sitting by the computer to check what's new every hour.
Remington is going to have a $5/box rebate (up to 40 boxes) off their UMC handgun ammo, that can make for some cheap prices.

So far that's all I've seen that's peaked my interest.

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been eyeing that one up, too. But then I get sidetracked by the Klarus XT12GT. I am still not completely sure which one I might get. Both of them actually look like great lights!

Deleted.

Last edited:

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast

I didn't know about the XT12GT. I like that both the on/off switch and the mode switches are at the tailcap so you can turn it on and switch modes without having to change hand positions.

On the P30, the main switch is at the tailcap and the mode switch is on the side. To change mode, you have to switch hand positions.

My M2X-UT is even worse. The main switch is at the tailcap and mode switching requires twisting the head with two hands.

lampeDépêche

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the Olight store discounts it, then I will get one of their new H1 Nova headlamps, in neutral, for my son.

It looks very cute, but for myself I'll probably stick with my AA-based ZL lights--the H52 and H502.

I don't EDC any CR123 lights, and don't really want to.

chaosdsm

Enlightened
New washing machine

AND (in preferred order):

An Aero Precision M5 Lower Receiver

OR a Primary Arms 4-14x44mm ACSS HUD DMR riflescope

OR an Aero Precision M5 Enhanced Keymod handguard

OR some high quality / match grade ammo

OR a Precision Arms M4-72 Severe-Duty .308/7.62 compensator & some V Se7en titanium rifle parts

OR tires for the car (still have 10,000 - 20,000 miles left on current tires)

OR a new cell phone

druidmars

Enlightened
Yup.. Wish companies here would also do things like Black Friday/Cyber Monday.

Even us "poor" EU citizens are seeing increasing strategic marketing campaigns and some companies here in Portugal like FNAC and others have been adopting western winds like black friday and cyber monday. :)

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Absolutely nothing. I have already spent my limit for the year, and probably beyond. I have my work-a-day light, the EA41, my 'Reach out and touch someone' light, the TM16GT, my EDC lights, a Microstream and an EA11, a TIP CRI for my keychain, and my emergency area light, the LA10 CRI. Plus other odds and ends like my G2, 6P, and Seraph 6, my BLF 348, and a few others. I believe I am ready for the apocalypse, or at least as ready as I am ever going to be. I might invest in a higher output solar cell panel, but it isn't like those are included in these sales.

oregon

Enlightened
Leatherman/Friday @ the one store.
Leatherman store in Portland, Oregon. I've been threatening for years to visit there on the black day but never carried thru. I happened to be in the vicinity yesterday (it is within walking distance of IKEA) and stopped in. They have discretion with their inventory and told me that they WILL be doing something funny on the targeted day. I plan to be there. Picked up four Brewzers, $5 each, for stockings. They have flashlights, multitools, parts and accessories. I had printed a coupon for a free t-shirt or hat but failed, unfortunately, to bring it with me (needed $75 purchase anyway) found online on their site. The people there are tip top drawer. I love them. I need/want at least one of everything....

Update, Friday 8:45PM: Everything in store, except stuff already on clearance, 20% off. Finally showed up on for the sale and worth the trip. Did you know that Timothy S. Leatherman EDCs a full size tape measure? It is a fact.

Last edited:

hiuintahs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wait for Black Friday or Cyber Monday? I'm finding the deals are already happening. And I have ordered a Jetbeam SF-R28, Nitecore P30, LA10 CRI, LA10 XP-G2, & LR30 lantern..........hope I like them.
Also waiting to see if the Fenix LD12, 2017 model goes on sale.