Recommend a flashlight for me to buy the guys at work

timbo813

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking to buy flashlights for a bunch of guys to use at a power plant. These lights will be used and abused. They need decent throw so they can trace pipes. Nothing really complicated because most are not "flashlight guys" and won't want to mess with a bunch of modes. I don't want to spend a ton because some will be lost and others "lost" at home. Let's say $30 max and lower is definitely better.

We have aa and aaa available at the plant so those are preferred.

Mostly we we have bought streamlight 4aa led lights which are fairly well liked. I just figure there has to better for the money. What would you recommend?

I carry either a streamlight stylus pro (nice but not quite bright enough to trace lines) or a thrunight ti4 (more lumens but more of a flood so still not great for tracing lines. I also don't like the switch as well and it borders on to complicated for some of the older guys)

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Streamlight 3AA ProPolymer Dualie-These are just under 30 bucks and come in either yellow or black. Here is a copy/paste from their site for the light.

The 3AA ProPolymer Dualie is the first intrinsically safe flashlight and floodlight from Streamlight. The dual beams are independently controlled by separate pushbutton switches, so you can choose the right beam for your task. Use the spot beam as a traditional flashlight for navigating in the dark. Switch to the flood beam for up close tasks or to light up an area. Turn on both beams to see what's ahead of you and your feet at the same time, avoiding obstacles as you walk.

The Streamlight 3AA ProPolymer Dualie is rated intrinsically safe for use in hazardous locations. See the safety rating details below.

What's included in the box -
STR68750 and STR68752: 3AA ProPolymer Dualie flashlight, three AA alkaline batteries.

STR68751 and STR68753: 3AA ProPolymer Dualie flashlight only (batteries not included)

Features of the Streamlight 3AA ProPolymer Dualie Intrinsically Safe flashlight/floodlight:
• intrinsically safe for use in hazardous locations:
Class I, II, Division 1, Groups A,B,C,D, E, F, G;
Class III;
CL 1, ZN 0, IIC;
Exia;
T-code: T4
(approved for use with Energizer E91, EA91, L91, Duracell MN1500, Rayovac NO.815)
• three output modes:
Spot mode - 140 lumens, 18 hour run time, shines for 561 feet (171 meters)
Flood mode - 140 lumens, 18 hour run time
Combined spot & flood mode - 245 lumens, 9 hour run time
• use combined spot and flood mode to avoid trips while you are walking
• powerful C4 LED technology
• beam distance of 171m (561 feet)
• two independently operating pushbutton switches:
spot switch - press for momentary on or click for constant on
flood switch - located adjacent to flood LED - click for constant on
• switches are easy to activate with gloves on