FourSevens        

Thread: BC40GT void in beam?

Default BC40GT void in beam?

I was wondering if a void in the center of the beam is normal for this light?

Default Re: BC40GT void in beam?

I'm not sure if they contacted the manufacturer but the dealer just told me that it is not a defect but a "design preference".

Seems to me that there shouldn't be a void in the beam if it's not adjustable. Does anyone else have this light to confirm?

Large reflectors need distance to form a round spot

LED like XHP70 with 4 seperate emitter areas have a donuthole with SMO reflector

Any others with this light yet?

I have an XHP-50 and 70 with very light orange peel reflectors. I get that cross shaped void in the center when shinning on a wall out to about 10'. The further out the more it fades away and blends into a nice void free beam. It's the nature of a quad die. Greater texturing on the reflector obscures the void at shorter ranges but also reduces throw.

Flashaholic

My BC40gt finally showed up yesterday, after the usps lost it for 2 weeks. It does have a donut hole but it doesn't look too bad in actual use. For less than $50.00, I got a light with more than 2000 lumens. Tonight I tried putting diffusion film on the lens and now the donut hole is gone, but there is less throw.

I got my BC40-GT a week ago. I don't see any void in the beam, no matter projected distant or close. Its lowest level beam seems too bright.