Replacing "switch cover" to non-OEM on Nitecore MT10A?

cdm-dude

Newly Enlightened
The MT10A can't do a very good tail stand. It appears that the tail-clicky button protrudes a few microns than it ought to. I feel like it's a factor, or maybe I'm wrong. Given that the product comes with a spare "switch cover", I'm assuming that it's user-replaceable. How about installing something that fits a little better? Who's had experience with replacing the tail-clicky on this particular flashlight?

Can I get a recommendation of a non-OEM replacement?
I know that GITD stuff is mostly a gimmick but how about this one?:

https://www.fasttech.com/products/1608/10001928/1203600-gitd-silicone-tailcaps-5-pack

The size looks right.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Lithium466

Enlightened
I don't think the switch cover from Fasttech will help you. You need 6mm thick buttons, they do exist in 14x6mm, but Im sorry I can't tell you where you can buy them... The 6mm buttons are flat, not "rounded", and they provide good tail standing.

cdm-dude

Newly Enlightened
Thanks.

This is not a big deal, really. My MT10A is not required to tail stand, like ever. And even if I do need it to, it can do a tail stand, as is, *with some balancing. This is mostly a curiosity to me, as I've never done any modding to my flashlights. I've stumbled upon Fasttech entirely by accident, looking for something not related to flashlights in any way. They have there, like, switches, reflectors and even drivers. That gave me a few ideas but, really, I already have enough "hobbies". Maybe someday.

A thick 6mm button you say? I'm not about to start looking for one, as I've said, I don't really care. But maybe someone can chime in. I'm curious to know if people have actually done this mod to their Nitecore MT10A (successfully).

Redemption

Newly Enlightened
I don't think the switch cover from Fasttech will help you. You need 6mm thick buttons, they do exist in 14x6mm, but Im sorry I can't tell you where you can buy them... The 6mm buttons are flat, not "rounded", and they provide good tail standing.

Did you swap out your MT10A button for a 14x6mm and found that tailstanding became improved? I'm curious because I never thought the button was the reason why tailstanding is a little wobbly

Lithium466

Enlightened
I don't have this Nitecore, so I can't guarantee it will work, but for many lights that were barely tailstanding, I found using these 6mm buttons helped. I bought 10 of them years ago, and I can't remember where I bought them!

It is a cheap mod, if you can find the right cover switch...

Edit: you wil found many cover buttons have a round profile like the one on the Nitecore