• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS - A couple of lights **Retracted**

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have two lights that I put together and both are, as far as I know, one of a kind. I will simply call them number one and number two. Both are driven by BadBoy700 converters and have TWOK Lux III's in them.

What is unique about these lights is that both were built to run on a single Pila 150S li-ion cell. They will run the lights at the full rated current until the battery's protection ciruit shuts the battery down. I've gotten on the better side of an hour with these and similar set ups.

If you have a bunch of 150S cells laying around for your 3 cell lights, one of these might make a good compliment.

Although I can't guarantee any degree of water proofness, both have o-rings at the connections and in the bezel.

Number one is on top and number two is on the bottom.

picture.JPG

Number one is a fairly slim light in polished bare aluminum. It has a .75" Carley reflector with medium orange peel and aluminized undercoat. The bezel ring is a standard mini m@g bezel ring and can be changed to suit your taste. The one on it now is just one that I had. It has a ding in it. The rest of the light is pretty clean. This light was turned from a solid aluminum rod and is made of 6061 T6. I left as much mass on the light as I could to help out with the heat generated by the Lux III and converter, while still keeping it on the small side.

I've used it for extended periods of time and haven't had any trouble with heat.

Number two has a body turned from a piece of 6061 T6 aluminum rod. The head is what is left of a McLux PR. It is also polished bare aluminum. I think it looks nice. This light is a throwing beast as it has the PR in it.

The business end of number one:

picture.JPG

The business end of number two:

picture.JPG

Just for comparison, in order from left to right are number one, an E1e body with modded KL4, an E2e body with modded KL4, and number two:

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

For some beam shots. I hope that these show up. The first is all four lights in the same order as above. The lights were about 3 feet from a white wall.

picture.JPG

This next shot is of number one about six feet from a white wall.

picture.JPG

This is the modded KL4 on the E1e body with a Q3J running on a singe 123 at about 500mA.

picture.JPG

This next one is a modded KL4 on an E2e body with a DB700 and TWAK.

picture.JPG

And the last is number two.

picture.JPG

I'd like to get $155 for each of number one and number two. This will include Priority Insured shipping via USPS within the CONUS. I will accept payment by account transfer through PayPal. If you need to use a credit card, it'll be an extra 3%. If you are interested, but are out of the USA, shipping could get expensive, unless you're willing to forego any sort of insurance and are willing to risk global priority. International transactions will pay actual shipping less $5.

If you want either number one or number two, post with an "I'll take it," then PM to work out the payment.

Thanks,

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS - A couple of lights

No pics for me either /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast

It's a problem with ImageStation. It figures that it would happen now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

dtsoll

Enlightened

Here is how I looked at em, right click on x where pic should be, go to properties, cut and paste the url into the browser address window, go. I hope that makes sense! Doug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Ummm, very nice lights Tony, nice work!!!

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast

I wish I knew what the deal is. I checked a couple of older posts and the pics aren't coming up there either.

red_robby

Enlightened

chop,
you must be logged in(imagestation)for the pics to
work.

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm gonna try posting again. I'm gonna wait though. CPF is shutting down for the weekend.

red_robby

Enlightened

some shots are getting in...#2 is friggin beautiful !
really nice work Chop.

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast

It's definitely a problem with imagestation. I've seen other posts that were using imagestation as a host and they were having problems too. I need to find a new host.

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey Chop, I wonder if I might ask which Carley reflector you used in #1? Is it a stock Carley item, orange peel and all, or a special order? Looks like a nice fit for smaller lights.

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast

Scott,

It's the standard Carley .75" reflector that I got in medium orange peel with an aluminized undercoat. If you have a lathe, or even just a hack saw and dremel, all you need to do is whack the back end off of it. The throw is decent. Maybe just a little less than that of a modded KL4. It does make for a small light. If the one above doesn't sell, I may convert it to a single 123 to make it smaller.

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast

OK, there doesn't seem to be much interest. Is it that the lights are unappealing or the price?

Just thought I could get some feedback.

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast

PM sent.

hideo

Enlightened

Chop--

the 150s power source is a glitch for some of us ...

hideo

clapon

Newly Enlightened

Chop

I also feel it's the battery, The lights look incredible and the price is reasonable for a one of a kind light.

my .02