Miboxer seek suggestion for C2 smart battery charger

miboxer

Newly Enlightened
Hi There,

We are going to develop a new 2 slots C2 smart battery charger for rechargeable.
Here we would like to ask you all what detailed functions you want to fulfill as a smart battery charger?
Pls kindly let us know here or email me if you have any suggestion.
We will make this battery charger as per your suggestions you give to us.

Our C2 smart battery will come out at the beginning of 2017.
Thank you in advance for your help.

www.miboxer.com
Miboxer Team

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Proper cc/CV charging algorithm for life/lico/and 4.35v cells
Proper -dt for NIMH
Variety of current choices from 250ma to 2A
Discharge and capacity test
Also screen showing current, real time voltage, charge rate, mah, and a reliable and accurate internal resistance test
Four bays and a quality power supply

miboxer

Newly Enlightened
Proper cc/CV charging algorithm for life/lico/and 4.35v cells
Proper -dt for NIMH
Variety of current choices from 250ma to 2A
Discharge and capacity test
Also screen showing current, real time voltage, charge rate, mah, and a reliable and accurate internal resistance test
Four bays and a quality power supply

Thanks for your message.
Most of your suggestion of the functions has been fulfilled on our C4 smart charger.
And we will add Variety of current choices from 250ma to 2A on our C2 charger, thanks for your suggestion.

brighterthanthesun

Enlightened
Thanks for your message.
Most of your suggestion of the functions has been fulfilled on our C4 smart charger.
And we will add Variety of current choices from 250ma to 2A on our C2 charger, thanks for your suggestion.

How about adding a 100mA current? Discharge and capacity test would be great too!

Last edited:

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
From what I can see it only shows the voltage of the selected slot. Am I incorrect on this? Sorry about the 4 bays comment. Didn't realise this was for a 2 slot charger. Personally I'm a hobby charger guy but these more advanced cylindrical cell chargers are getting better

stephenk

Enlightened
- 0.125mA, 0.25mA, 0.5mA, 1mA, 2mA charging currents
- Independent bay operation
- CC/CV for li-ion and -dt (with V cutoff) charging for NiMH
- slots allow for up to 72mm long cells
- display voltage and charged current
Not sure of analyzing (discharge capacity and iR) is in scope, but that would be useful too.

teacher

Newly Enlightened
1._Variety of current choices from .5A, 1.0A, 1.5A, 2.0A
2._Independent bay operation _ each bay capable of charging at a real 2.0A at the same time
3._CC/CV for li-ion and -dt (with V cutoff) charging for NiMH
4._Slots will accept up to 72.5mm cells
5._Discharge capacity test mode & IR for each slot _ both accurate, reliable and repeatble
6._Screen displays real time voltage, charge rate
7._Quality power supply
8._Cooling fan if deemed necessary

:thumbsup:

Viking

Enlightened
I would like to see charging and discharging current for NiMH batteries be programmable from 0.1A to 2.0A in increments of 0.1A (That makes 20 selectable charging and discarge current). And no trickle charge, or at least the opportunity to deselect it. Trickle charge isn't good for Low self discharge cells like eneloop.

A Break-In/Forming Mode for NiMH batteries would also be a nice feature (This is how one can measure capacity after IEC standards).

Last edited:

miboxer

Newly Enlightened
From what I can see it only shows the voltage of the selected slot. Am I incorrect on this? Sorry about the 4 bays comment. Didn't realise this was for a 2 slot charger. Personally I'm a hobby charger guy but these more advanced cylindrical cell chargers are getting better

Hi Victor, you mean you want to all slots voltage showing on LCD at the same time?
And you prefer 2 slots charger?

miboxer

Newly Enlightened
1._Variety of current choices from .5A, 1.0A, 1.5A, 2.0A
2._Independent bay operation _ each bay capable of charging at a real 2.0A at the same time
3._CC/CV for li-ion and -dt (with V cutoff) charging for NiMH
4._Slots will accept up to 72.5mm cells
5._Discharge capacity test mode & IR for each slot _ both accurate, reliable and repeatble
6._Screen displays real time voltage, charge rate
7._Quality power supply
8._Cooling fan if deemed necessary

:thumbsup:

Hello Chuck, thanks for your suggestions, several suggestion is available on our C4 smart charger, you can test it when you get the charger.
some suggestions is really good, I will forward it to my engineer, thanks very much.

miboxer

Newly Enlightened
I would like to see charging and discharging current for NiMH batteries be programmable from 0.1A to 2.0A in increments of 0.1A (That makes 20 selectable charging and discarge current). And no trickle charge, or at least the opportunity to deselect it. Trickle charge isn't good for Low self discharge cells like eneloop.

A Break-In/Forming Mode for NiMH batteries would also be a nice feature (This is how one can measure capacity after IEC standards).

Hello, thanks for your suggestion, yes, our next charger will come to 2A charging, for trickle charging, I think we will not make it.
What is Break-In/Forming mode?

miboxer

Newly Enlightened
- 0.125mA, 0.25mA, 0.5mA, 1mA, 2mA charging currents
- Independent bay operation
- CC/CV for li-ion and -dt (with V cutoff) charging for NiMH
- slots allow for up to 72mm long cells
- display voltage and charged current
Not sure of analyzing (discharge capacity and iR) is in scope, but that would be useful too.

Hello, thanks for your suggestion, yes, we will make more charging currents on our next chargers.
and they will charge up to 72.5mm battery, your other suggestion is fulfilled on our C4 smart battery charger.
Do you have interest to test it?

Johan Pelzl

Newly Enlightened
Hi, I used the Miboxer C4 charger, an interesting product with good quality.
Compatible different cells, can detects the battery resistance, I like this function.
If the c2 also with this function will be great!

CuriousOne

Enlightened
I vote for analyzing capabilities, and high discharge current, up to 2A would be great.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, I used the Miboxer C4 charger, an interesting product with good quality.
Compatible different cells, can detects the battery resistance, I like this function.
If the c2 also with this function will be great!

It's not really ok to create a new account just to hock your product under a different name. In the other thread you said you thought this might be the charger for you then a couple hours later saying you have it and it's great. You're sending out samples for people to try. Why not wait for those results. Honestly doing this will turn people away from your product because it's manipulative. Just a suggestion

Viking

Enlightened
What is Break-In/Forming mode?

The below quotes is copy/pasted from Mahas homepage, which explains it better than I can do. It is also the official way of measuring capacity after IEC standards.

Battery "Forming" New batteries and those stored for extended period become chemically deactivated. Battery forming is a charge-discharge-charge cycle which forces a full charge into the battery at a very slow rate. This process activates the battery. In certain cases, it needs to be repeated two or three times. Battery forming can be performed using the Break-In mode.

Break-In Mode (IEC capacity analysis)• Applies a 16-hour 0.1C charge (0.1 times the capacity of the battery), rest of one hour, followed by a 0.2C discharge, rest again, and finally a 16-hour 0.1C recharge again.• Recommended for brand-new batteries. This process is also known as "Forming Charge." Also recommended with batteries that can not be rescued by the Refresh & Analyze mode.• Recommended once every 30 cycles for NiMH batteries.• Requires 39 to 45 hours to complete.• The process follows the IEC standard for determining battery capacity.

http://www.mahaenergy.com/content/manual_mhc9000.pdf

Last edited:

miboxer

Newly Enlightened
It's not really ok to create a new account just to hock your product under a different name. In the other thread you said you thought this might be the charger for you then a couple hours later saying you have it and it's great. You're sending out samples for people to try. Why not wait for those results. Honestly doing this will turn people away from your product because it's manipulative. Just a suggestion

Hi Victor, I just found that this is our colleague do it, he thought it would have some help to promote our charger.
We are really sorry for this action, and we will not do it again, pls kindly trust us, we are a reliable manufacturer with no manipulation.