TM06S color temp and CRI? or get a different light?

TheJaRoD

Newly Enlightened
So a few days I found a good deal for a TM06S and ordered it right away but now I got to thinking about color temperature and CRI.

According to this data sheet: http://www.cree.com/~/media/files/cree/led-components-and-modules/xlamp/data-and-binning/xlampxml2.pdf
the only U3 emitter is CRI 70 and neutral white but googling there are also cool white ones... and I don't lite cool white...
So now I'm not sure if I should keep the order or not and since they won't get them in stock until Nov 30, I thought I'd ask around here if anyone knows anything more. My google fu wasn't strong enough to find answers. And having to lock out the light with 2.5 turns (if same as TN06) to prevent battery drain on only 2 batteries sounds like a hassle.

Thrunight TN30 mini would be a great option since it's cheaper (and also currently on -20% until christmas) and I know they sell them in neutral white and with what looks like a CRI of 70+ to 80+ even though it's a bit larger.
What I want is a floody light with 1000-2000 luments continuous output for a few hours+ without getting too hot. And with as high CRI as possible while not being too expensive.
My current light is a zebralight sc600 mk ii and it's pretty much perfect just that it runs too hot and too low battery life on the 2 highest modes for what I currently need. I'm helping a friend renovate an old house so as much light as possible for as long a runtime is possible would be extremely useful. Especially for doing painting and such, even then his 50W LED worklight isn't really enough. Not to mention it's a great excuse for buying a high powered flashlight...

Thanks in advance for any help I can get!

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would try and find a Noctigon meteor M43 and find one with a Nichia 219b (90cri) or Nichia 219c (80cri) both will be worlds better than what Cree offers.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
On that datasheet there is also a cool white listed at 8300K. I looked at the Olight SR Mini Intimidator II, and it uses the same LED, so that is not an option. The TM11 is rated at 1000 lumens for 3 hrs, and I doubt that it steps down much since that is the High mode, not Turbo.

What are you going to be doing that you need 1-2K lumens for several hours?

TheJaRoD

Newly Enlightened
The noctigon meteor M43 does seem very nice but they are currently out of stock at mtnelectronics and that's about the only place I can order from since I live in europe. Found a German store that have them for double the price... And apparently the TM06S has already shipped so I'll wait for that and see what it's like and if I don't like it I'll sell it and probably get the thrunight Tn30 mini instead. For the price I payed for the tm06s I could probably make a small profit off it.

And you're quite right about there being a 8300K U3, so just a case of me being blind as usual.

When working with my friend I prefer to ceiling bounce the light so I can work more freely so it'd be very useful to have enough lumens to light up a normal room enough to see what I'm doing. Especially when painting. And like I wrote before my zebralight sc600 mkii at full is pretty much enough but that drains the battery very fast and the light gets very hot. For my other light uses I don't nearly need that much light, pretty much low/medium is enough.

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thrunite neutral like you said would be my choice, eagle tac do some nice nichia lights and the manker is a good one too.