Eagletac now with XHP35 HD, XHP35 HI, and Nichia 219 C hi CRI

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just found out today that Eagletac has updated it's lineup to include some new lights with Cree XHP35 HD, XHP35 HI, and Nichia 219C hi CRI. This is quite exciting to me, especially for the XHP35 HI and Nichia 219C hi CRI offerings. I learned of this from Illuminationgear, which has been a great Eagletac dealer for me and many others. Some of these are completely new models including some rechargeable offerings. There are one or two that have been around a little bit but are being updated with the new LEDs and driver. Thanks again to Tod of Illuminationgear for making me aware of these great new Eagletac offerings. Here are the ones I know about so far below. The text below is quoted from Eagletac's info.

"XHP35! After almost a year of developing, revising, and testing, we are finally ready to offer you the brightest and the latest CREE XHP35 HD E4 and HI E2 LED! The XHP35 HD/HI LED give you 40% boost in lumen while maintaining the same (if not more) beam distance as the smaller die XPL HD/HI. The quad-LED dies in the XHP35 are sitting extremely close to each other (you can't tell it's an array LED by its appearance) to offer a pleasure beam even with deep smooth reflector. The XHP35 LED implementation is not simply a LED swap. It uses typical 12V forward voltage and to make it work with a single li-ion battery, we need an extremely capable boosting design. Our resulting exotic W1900 boost driver is able to offer constant current regulation on MAX level all the way down to 2.9-3.0V (compared to 3.4-3.5V of our buck drivers, or 3.7-3.9V of others)! It gives users all the maximum output power they want and with a little reduction in output power when the battery is almost dead to remind them of battery charging. The W1900 also has a 2.65V auto shut-off feature to allow users to use unprotected IMR safe chemistry battery, or giving protected battery another fail-safe watch. One more thing … the limited quantity Nichia 219C 4000K CRI92 R9050 D240 SW40 neutral white LED are also available now! "

http://illuminationgear.com/products/eagtac-t25lr
http://illuminationgear.com/products/eagtac-tx30c2
http://illuminationgear.com/products/eagtac-sx30c2-etsx30c2
http://illuminationgear.com/products/eagtac-s25lr
http://illuminationgear.com/products/eagtac-sx30a4
http://illuminationgear.com/products/eagtac-px30lc2-r
http://illuminationgear.com/products/eagtac-p25lc2-star-star-diffuser-star-star
http://illuminationgear.com/products/eagtac-mx30l3-cr
http://illuminationgear.com/products/eagtac-mx30l4-c

Last edited:

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is an awesome looking lineup. This is the second product (or series) that is using the 90+ CRI 219C.

Also notable is Eagletacs use of USBC over micro USB. the less micro USB the better

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is an awesome looking lineup. This is the second product (or series) that is using the 90+ CRI 219C.

Also notable is Eagletacs use of USBC over micro USB. the less micro USB the better

Agreed on USB. Who else is using the Nichia 219c hi CRI?

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thats good to know. Eagtac is my favorite brand. I recently ordered m30cvn triple xhp 35 hi from vinh..

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Really like the looks of these new offerings. Most of them are out of my price range at the moment but I've got my eye on the SX30A4 and the TX30C2.

Impossible lumens

Enlightened
I kind of wish Eagletac would drop the LED lumens claim and just drive the lights a little harder. That said, this is a fantastic looking lineup. I'm liking the new single xhp-35 iterations particularly. Cool thing with the USB-c. Thanks for pointing that out staticxc57, I hadn't noticed.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Damn!!! That TX30C2 looks really good! To bad my light fund is busted for at least the next two months. I am hoping for a G25C2 MkIII with an XHP35 emitter...

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a great liking for EagleTac flashlights. IMO they make some of the best regulated drivers in the industry. Highly efficient buck-boost drivers that are able to maintain Turbo and High mode power levels even after single LiIon cells drop below the Vf of the LED. Some of these lights claim to be able to drive the lights a full power down to 2.85v. That's pretty impressive. They also have excellent reflector design - many of the SMO reflectors produce better beams than others OP ones.

I am a big fan of their new two button UI. It works really well.

One of EagleTac's greatest features is their neutral and HiCRI offering options on most lights.

Expensive, yes, but worth their price. I am always surprised when they don't sell so well on the secondary market. Not a huge CPF following on the brand.

Of the latest list of lights I am most attracted to the SX30C2 and the SX30A4 with a XHP35 HI.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I might have to give the SX30C2 a try with the 219C. I love 4000K high CRI lights and have been looking for a higher output one. Does anyone know when these will be available?

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a great liking for EagleTac flashlights. IMO they make some of the best regulated drivers in the industry. Highly efficient buck-boost drivers that are able to maintain Turbo and High mode power levels even after single LiIon cells drop below the Vf of the LED...

Which specific lights before the new models have buck-boost drivers? I've seen them advertise only buck drivers. Thanks.

Last edited:

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
I kind of wish Eagletac would drop the LED lumens claim and just drive the lights a little harder. That said, this is a fantastic looking lineup. I'm liking the new single xhp-35 iterations particularly. Cool thing with the USB-c. Thanks for pointing that out staticxc57, I hadn't noticed.

It's nice that Eagletac includes both LED lumens and ANSI lumens. In that way, they can compete with competitors who use only one or the other.

I have a great liking for EagleTac flashlights. IMO they make some of the best regulated drivers in the industry. Highly efficient buck-boost drivers that are able to maintain Turbo and High mode power levels even after single LiIon cells drop below the Vf of the LED. Some of these lights claim to be able to drive the lights a full power down to 2.85v. That's pretty impressive. They also have excellent reflector design - many of the SMO reflectors produce better beams than others OP ones.

I am a big fan of their new two button UI. It works really well.

One of EagleTac's greatest features is their neutral and HiCRI offering options on most lights.

Expensive, yes, but worth their price. I am always surprised when they don't sell so well on the secondary market. Not a huge CPF following on the brand.

Of the latest list of lights I am most attracted to the SX30C2 and the SX30A4 with a XHP35 HI.

Agreed! :)

I might have to give the SX30C2 a try with the 219C. I love 4000K high CRI lights and have been looking for a higher output one. Does anyone know when these will be available?

I believe 2-3 weeks for arrival at dealers.

Which specific lights before the new models have buck-boost drivers? I've seen them advertise only buck drivers. Thanks.

The new XHP35 offerings have boost drivers as the LED they are using requires 12 volts. I will update the first post as well with additional info on these from Eagletac, but here's the scoop on the new drivers.

"XHP35! After almost a year of developing, revising, and testing, we are finally ready to offer you the brightest and the latest CREE XHP35 HD E4 and HI E2 LED! The XHP35 HD/HI LED give you 40% boost in lumen while maintaining the same (if not more) beam distance as the smaller die XPL HD/HI. The quad-LED dies in the XHP35 are sitting extremely close to each other (you can't tell it's an array LED by its appearance) to offer a pleasure beam even with deep smooth reflector. The XHP35 LED implementation is not simply a LED swap. It uses typical 12V forward voltage and to make it work with a single li-ion battery, we need an extremely capable boosting design. Our resulting exotic W1900 boost driver is able to offer constant current regulation on MAX level all the way down to 2.9-3.0V (compared to 3.4-3.5V of our buck drivers, or 3.7-3.9V of others)! It gives users all the maximum output power they want and with a little reduction in output power when the battery is almost dead to remind them of battery charging. The W1900 also has a 2.65V auto shut-off feature to allow users to use unprotected IMR safe chemistry battery, or giving protected battery another fail-safe watch. One more thing … the limited quantity Nichia 219C 4000K CRI92 R9050 D240 SW40 neutral white LED are also available now!"

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very excited to see ET upping the ante so considerably. More efficient drivers and better tint...if ET started potting their lights too, it would be a complete dream come true.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast

I can't say specifically - I was only speculating based on some of their literature saying they can drive full power down to 2.8v which makes me think they are also boosting voltage up to the Vf of the LED.

liteboy

Flashlight Enthusiast

for me, the confusing naming system for their lights is a big turn-off. I'm also not a fan of the shape of their lights with seemingly random grooves and indentations.

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't say specifically - I was only speculating based on some of their literature saying they can drive full power down to 2.8v which makes me think they are also boosting voltage up to the Vf of the LED.

You are correct, they are using boost drivers in the new XHP35 versions. I have updated the OP with the info from Eagletac regarding the drivers.

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not sure if I have been hiding under a rock, but is there 2 switches on the heads of these lights and is that new? I would prefer something like this over the head twist high medium low of the past. Can someone please explain the UI on these new units or is that yet to be known?

Latest posts