6P pocket clip using Z41 Tailcap?

Hudson456

Newly Enlightened
How can I put a clip on my Surefire 6P while retaining the Z41 Tactical Switch? Do bezel-up clips that retain under the bezel threads exist?

Sick of holster carry and want a pocketable 6P! I know I can switch to a Malkoff MD2 tailcap and run his clip but want to keep the Z41.

Hudson456

Newly Enlightened

Thanks for the link. My problem is the same as member "Illum" stated when they said: "Nope....

the Solarforce clip is designed to be tightened down by the tailcap. Without physically buying a Z58 clicky tailcap to replace the stock Z41 twisty your clip will be very very loose. You won't lose the clip, but it will rattle when not clipped to anything. You can fit an O-ring in there, but then you lose the constant on feature because then the tailcap can't tighten down all the way. No dice, that was my first route before I gave up and replaced all six 6Ps here at the house with solarforce tailcap and bodies"

Hudson456

Newly Enlightened
This clip is what I'm looking for. Or something similar. But I can't find it for sale anywhere.

1xC1MSS.jpg

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one remaining stock Z41. I just installed it, a silver decorative HDS clip, and an O-ring from my stash onto a stock 6P. Bending the clip so that it naturally applies pressure at the clip's tip against the body eliminates any clip rattle, even when shaking the light. Both pressing the switch and twisting the tailcap to activate constant on works fine. If you have experienced differing results, I'll happily test with my other P and C series bodies.

Substituting a Prometheus 6P clip for the HDS gives the same positive result.

Hudson456

Newly Enlightened
Found a solution that works for me. Streamlight HL3 clip fits on the 6P. Rock solid. Hope this helps someone.

mPTSbE7.jpg