Best V54 Pocket Thrower?

outofthedarkness

Enlightened
Hi Everyone.

Im looking at Pocket Throwers!

I want something Impressive but Pocketable, I already Own a D25Cvn with XPG2 PDT :candle:

Any suggestions please!?

Venompower

Newly Enlightened
I don't know the maximum throw of the D25Cvn/XPG2 PDT but it should be quite a decent thrower for its size. I have one incoming from Vinh.
I think the most impressive would be the TX25C2vn, significantly bigger but still pocketable.

I wonder if the SL2Cvn with the OP reflector would throw more than the D25Cvn? :sssh:

outofthedarkness

Enlightened
I don't know the maximum throw of the D25Cvn/XPG2 PDT but it should be quite a decent thrower for its size. I have one incoming from Vinh.
I think the most impressive would be the TX25C2vn, significantly bigger but still pocketable.

I wonder if the SL2Cvn with the OP reflector would throw more than the D25Cvn? :sssh:

Don't get me wrong its very impressive but could always be better!

I am not sure getting another XPG2 would be wise... I really fancied the TX25Cvn but then the TX25C2vn has more capacity and the SD Mini-vn looks to be just as impressive as the TX25C2vn but with slightly less throw and more Lumen!

Is there anything slightly bigger than these two that would be coat pocketable that is worth a mention?

MikeB.

Flashlight Enthusiast
S200C2vn 685 lumens 155k lux
G25C2vn 1260 lumens 100k lux

Capolini

Banned

I would agree that the TX25C2vn is the best pocket thrower. I also have the D25Cvn and the sl2vn
. The SL2 VN definitely throws further than the d25 CVN. I am not used to using my smartphone 2 post. I use voice activation which makes more mistakes than my fingers but it's quicker. Lots of laughs.

outofthedarkness

Enlightened
I would agree that the TX25C2vn is the best pocket thrower. I also have the D25Cvn and the sl2vn
. The SL2 VN definitely throws further than the d25 CVN. I am not used to using my smartphone 2 post. I use voice activation which makes more mistakes than my fingers but it's quicker. Lots of laughs.

Cheers Capolini

Does the TX25C2vn throw alot more noticably further than the D25Cvn

I am tempted by the SdMini-Vn... Its figures are impressive!

I guess it comes down to:

Size
Runtime
Spill

Capolini

Banned
^^^^^ Absolutely! It is a much bigger light w/ a bigger/deeper reflector. I field tested my TX25C2vn V3 DD/SINGLE MODE @ 617 yards[80Kcd].

I am guessing that the D25Cvn is ~ 15Kcd to 20Kcd which is 250 to 300 yards of throw,sorry no time for metric conversion,,,,,,,,,,I have to get outta here!

p.s. I also have the SDMinivn,,,,,,that is impressive to.

outofthedarkness

Enlightened
^^^^^ Absolutely! It is a much bigger light w/ a bigger/deeper reflector. I field tested my TX25C2vn V3 DD/SINGLE MODE @ 617 yards[80Kcd].

I am guessing that the D25Cvn is ~ 15Kcd to 20Kcd which is 250 to 300 yards of throw,sorry no time for metric conversion,,,,,,,,,,I have to get outta here!

p.s. I also have the SDMinivn,,,,,,that is impressive to.

Ok its out of these 3 Lights

TX25Cvn
TX25C2vn
SdMini-vn

I really like the design of the TX25Cvn over the other 2, its smaller and looks nicer!

I have the D25Cvn with xpg2 pdt and its 24k Lux and about 650/700 Lumen

The TX25Cvn is 500 Lumen and 50k Lux

I am not sure what to do!

How do you rate the SD-Mini?

MikeB.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Biggest difference will be battery power, the TX25Cvn runs on a 16340 vs the other 2 that run on 18650.

I have a TX25Cvn and really like it but am looking to get one of the other ones for better battery performance.

Capolini

Banned
Ok its out of these 3 Lights

TX25Cvn
TX25C2vn
SdMini-vn

I really like the design of the TX25Cvn over the other 2, its smaller and looks nicer!

I have the D25Cvn with xpg2 pdt and its 24k Lux and about 650/700 Lumen

The TX25Cvn is 500 Lumen and 50k Lux

I am not sure what to do!

How do you rate the SD-Mini?

Like MikeB said,,,,,,,run time[mAh] w/ the 18650 is the biggest difference. I only have a few 16340 lights because of that.

My TX25C2vn is direct drive single mode w/ xpg2.If I had to choose again I would NOT get direct drive. I do not use it much in the summer because it gets too hot,no dialing it down!

I would choose the TX25C2vn.

Basically they both have very similar specs with the TX25C2vn having slightly more output,,the SDMiniVN being a bit more compact and also gets a tad bit hotter for extended max output which is ALL CAPO and I do on the trail!

You would be happy with either of them,,,,,,,,YOU MAKE THE CALL!!

Last edited:

outofthedarkness

Enlightened
Like MikeB said,,,,,,,run time[mAh] w/ the 18650 is the biggest difference. I only have a few 16340 lights because of that.

My TX25C2vn is direct drive single mode w/ xpg2.If I had to choose again I would NOT get direct drive. I do not use it much in the summer because it gets too hot,no dialing it down!

I would choose the TX25C2vn.

Basically they both have very similar specs with the TX25C2vn having slightly more output,,the SDMiniVN being a bit more compact and also gets a tad bit hotter for extended max output which is ALL CAPO and I do on the trail!

You would be happy with either of them,,,,,,,,YOU MAKE THE CALL!!

Thanks for the help CAPO !

Im in Love with the TX25Cvn but I know the run times are not that good! - How long would you expect the cells to last before it steps down?

Is the TX25C2vn much bigger than the TX25Cvn?

Out of the 3 Lights I prefer the SdMiniVn Specs for the Higher Lumens, but im just not convinced on the looks of this Light. Then you have the TX25C2vn at $200 which is alot of money in comparison to the SdMiniVn at $130

So I guess its out of the SdMiniVn and the TX25Cvn

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
I sold my SDminiVN during one of my periods of feeling guilty for having so many lights :eek:. It's a nice flashlight though. I do still have my TX25Cvn but it never gets used. When I want a thrower to carry, and if I feel the U21vn is too big (which is pretty much never), I'll go for either the EC60vn or TK09vn.

The EC60vn is quite a bit more powerful than any of the 3 lights you're considering and it's not too large for a jacket pocket (nor is the U21vn... which frankly, you need to buy... spec 2... :poke:). The TK09vn is even smaller and it has a perfectly formed circular hot spot, but you'd have to make some effort to acquire that light. (mine is a Fiat Lux :sssh:)

One other option I'll mention is the Surefire Z2 Combat Light. I have a Z2vn and it's a little more powerful than my TK09vn, but I still prefer the Fenix.

Good luck and let us know what you decide on.

MikeB.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I sold my SDminiVN during one of my periods of feeling guilty for having so many lights :eek:. It's a nice flashlight though. I do still have my TX25Cvn but it never gets used. When I want a thrower to carry, and if I feel the U21vn is too big (which is pretty much never), I'll go for either the EC60vn or TK09vn.

The EC60vn is quite a bit more powerful than any of the 3 lights you're considering and it's not too large for a jacket pocket (nor is the U21vn... which frankly, you need to buy... spec 2... :poke:). The TK09vn is even smaller and it has a perfectly formed circular hot spot, but you'd have to make some effort to acquire that light. (mine is a Fiat Lux :sssh:)

One other option I'll mention is the Surefire Z2 Combat Light. I have a Z2vn and it's a little more powerful than my TK09vn, but I still prefer the Fenix.

What are the build specs for your TK09vn, also do you know the output specs for it? Thanks.

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
What are the build specs for your TK09vn, also do you know the output specs for it? Thanks.

Mike I wish I had that info but I bought it during the July Sale. It wasn't up on the Sky Lumen site at the time, so I never saw any numbers. All I saw was FIAT LUX!!!!!!!!!!! This was also before Vinh offered the exact ANSI light specs option. All I can tell you is... XPG2 PDT, DriverVN2.

Capolini

Banned

Im in Love with the TX25Cvn but I know the run times are not that good! - How long would you expect the cells to last before it steps down?

Out of the 3 Lights I prefer the SdMiniVn Specs for the Higher Lumens, but im just not convinced on the looks of this Light. Then you have the TX25C2vn at $200 which is alot of money in comparison to the SdMiniVn at $130

I do NOT have the TX25Cvn so I am not sure how long you would get max output w/ a 16340 for that light. My guess would be 15 minutes, by 20 minutes your probably around 50% of its capacity or lower. Remember this is CAPOLINI continuous max!

I change my single cell 18650 modded batteries after 15 to a max of 20 minutes[max output continuously!] and the voltages are anywhere between 3.75v TO 3.90v.

Go on Vinhs website to see the size difference of the TX25C2vn and the TX25Cvn,,,again just an offhand guess,I would say the TX25C2vn is ~ 1.5" bigger in length.

I JUST CHECKED!! TX25C2vn=4.7". TX25Cvn =3.4"

http://skylumen.com/collections/v54-lights

Last edited:

MikeB.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mike I wish I had that info but I bought it during the July Sale. It wasn't up on the Sky Lumen site at the time, so I never saw any numbers. All I saw was FIAT LUX!!!!!!!!!!! This was also before Vinh offered the exact ANSI light specs option. All I can tell you is... XPG2 PDT, DriverVN2.

Thanks, it answers a few things I was wondering. Might have to see how much it would cost to upgrade one I recently acquired.

MikeB.

Flashlight Enthusiast

You have the D25Cvn with same led and battery as the TX25Cvn so on 100% the runtimes will be the same for both lights.

Offgridled

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ouch!!!!