Armytek Prime A2 - Is it REALLY 651 lume

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was thinking about buying this light for a gift. The 651 OTF lumen rating looks good. If it is true, this would be the brightest 2xAA light out there. But is it realistic? Their previous 500 lumen 2xAA didn't impress me too much.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was thinking about buying this light for a gift. The 651 OTF lumen rating looks good. If it is true, this would be the brightest 2xAA light out there. But is it realistic? Their previous 500 lumen 2xAA didn't impress me too much.

It's hard to judge lumens with the naked eye. I dont know if I would fully trust Armytek's specs as they aren't ANSI and their website often has a lot of mistakes. But, I have the Prime C1 Pro XP-L(warm) and it is rated at 605 lumens, on turbo, and it is quite bright. I would guess its close to that. Also, I have to say that it is an awesome light and I really have taken a liking to their UI.

Last edited:

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would go for the Pro if I were you and tack on a standard tailcap for a few extra bucks if you want the lighter weight and shorter length without the magnet. It has a stainless steel bezel, 4 more modes, and a battery indication LED behind the switch. It has a slightly different UI though(a bit more complex) but, you get a lot for 10 more bucks.

Last edited:

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a lightbox and my Prime Pro A1 NW claims 25% brighter than my SC52 CW (344 vs 280, NiMh).... and it is, so it seems about right on a ZL lumen scale. The lowest modes are overstated by multiples, but so is my ZL.

That said, I personally calibrate my light box to HDS, 47 Quarks, and Ti-force (the only CPF reviewer to claim accurate lumens with laboratory tested calibration lights) and this scale is ~25-30% lower than the ZL / AT / Selfbuilt scale. So on a US ANSI basis... I'd say no.

Last edited:

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a lightbox and my Prime Pro A1 NW claims 25% brighter than my SC52 CW (344 vs 280, NiMh).... and it is, so it seems about right on a ZL lumen scale. The lowest modes are overstated by multiples, but so is my ZL.

That said, I personally calibrate my light box to HDS, 47 Quarks, and Ti-force (the only CPF reviewer to claim accurate lumens with laboratory tested calibration lights) and this scale is ~25-30% lower than the ZL / AT / Selfbuilt scale. So on a US ANSI basis... I'd say no.

But, ZL uses ANSI ratings?

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
But, ZL uses ANSI ratings?

Many companies use the "ANSI" terminology, but just like Selfbuilt, that seems to be related to the procedural measurement aspects (eg, output after 30sec, runtime to 10% original output, etc.) and not what actually constitutes an "ANSI lumen."

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim

I have the 500 lumen model and it seems all of that and maybe more. Don't know about the new ones.