Lighting up some vintage bulbs

Minimoog

Enlightened
Just thought I would share this video I made for the incan gang here - lighting up some old bulbs. I love collecting the older stuff, so different to modern but still just as fun. Here it is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBlNrWNDyx8 and as I watched it over on my mobile phone it came to me - we really should have an App with an accurate photo of the best of the bulbs lit up - then you can choose one as a 'mobile torch' so you could have even a very early Ever Ready lighting your way as it were.

Anyway, hope you enjoy!

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wasn't quite sure what to expect, but I found that video extremely pleasant to watch. The variations in the glass envelopes were intriguing, and the simplicity of the technology (compared to today) was absolutely charming. Thank you, sir, I thoroughly enjoyed that!

zerodish

Newly Enlightened
There is a restaurant in Shasta California that pulled some 240 volt bulbs out of the old mine. They were running them at 120 volts. The lady at the counter said they never burn out but the filament would break if some one bumped them.

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Very interesting video.

I'm impressed that the socket was standard by 1910.

I used to camp at Shasta Lake back in the 80s.

Last edited: