Gearbest 18650 shipping $18

degarb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is this a browser hiccup? . Gearbest is trying to charge me $18 for $18 of 18650s. . Never before...

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ran into the same issue several weeks ago when trying to order Panasonic cells that were only available from their overseas warehouse. I have never ordered from them previously.

degarb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ran into the same issue several weeks ago when trying to order Panasonic cells that were only available from their overseas warehouse. I have never ordered from them previously.

Apparently, not a mobile browser issue. They lost their mind on my desktop as well.

degarb

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is flipping frustrating. 3 months later. . They will not sell to me without more money for shipping than the cell. . Just tell me if this is permanent, so I can block out gearbest at the router level, as I can surf without gearbest ads promising free shipping that does not happen.

No website should be in business if their cost of business isn't built in to the listed price. . So if your 18650 cost $4, shipping is $4-$6. Then the item need list at $8, not $4. Shipping deviation at register. . Tell me $4 for an $8 item, and get banned at dns level. I will rather buy from the guy that lists $9, or list on item page the item cost and shipping together. . This bait and switch at register is evil, dishonest, slimy.

gearbest

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello dears,

About this question, most of you know pure Li-ion battery is dangerous items in cargo transportation. All shipping companies have serious shipping rules to ship the li-ion batteries and most of them don't ship it any longer especially during the peak season. Last month, there is only Emirates Post shipping method, the cost is relatively high to US. Because of the peak season and some other reasons, they stop shipping batteries now. So there is no shipping method to US now. Very sorry for it!!!

Notice: Now we only offer Li-ion batteries shipping method to these EU countries: GB / FR / HU / IT / ES / CH / DK / CZ / SK / NL / IE / NO / PL / LU / PT / AT / BE. Please kindly take care of it, thank you!

We have been looking for new battery shipping method to other countries. If there is, we will public in the GearBest official thread at CPF. Thanks!

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has Degarb already placed an order or is he just pointing out that shipping price is high for batteries?

Last edited:

degarb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has Degarb already placed an order or is he just pointing out that shipping price is high for batteries?

I bought in spring of 2016 (pretty sure 2016 without checking) , several gearbest orders of 4 Panasonic 18650s. . No shipping then, and gearbest beat unit price of the 4 other suppliers. I wanted to keep gearbest as my main supplier.

I went through checkout of another supplier with no sign of shipping cost, although cells were a dollar more each than gearbest. The total with shipping 4cells was $22 v gearbest $32 (tagged at $18 on the gearbest website.

Still frustrated and wanting to buy from gearbest, I played on phone last night. . Googling American warehouse gearbest Panasonic cells, yields nothing. . I found on cell you can dig in their menus select warehouses then dig through 8 pages of irrelevant useless gadgets looking for cells. . They were not stocking protected Panasonics in the US. . Other cells yes, at a reasonable markup from the China warehouse. If shipping is so huge, they should stock more in the US, Australia, Brazil and Brussels warehouse.

This idea of peak season is interesting and useful. . I take it the Chinese new year is coming up. Is after it is over, the time to buy?

degarb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also, gearbest, can't the 18650s be shipped inside a cheap device, cheaper than by themselves?

Naturally, just stock in one of USA warehouse.