Armytek website specifications

mckeand13

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was browsing the Armytek webiste looking at some of the Wizards. It's almost amusing how much information is either missing or incorrect on the specification page of their products.

An XM-L2 Wizard is listed as having an XP-L led...... LED Lumens of 1250, but OTF is listed as 0. Oh, that would suck, no light coming out.

Seriously, why would people buy their products when they can't even get the simple stuff right?

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was browsing the Armytek webiste looking at some of the Wizards. It's almost amusing how much information is either missing or incorrect on the specification page of their products.

An XM-L2 Wizard is listed as having an XP-L led...... LED Lumens of 1250, but OTF is listed as 0. Oh, that would suck, no light coming out.

Seriously, why would people buy their products when they can't even get the simple stuff right?

I agree that they should get their website in order but, people buy their stuff because it's quality/fit and finish, output, and features are some of the best in the industry. The only other brand of headlamps(because you used the Wizard in your example)that compares to them is Zebralight. Most other brands are not even in the same ball park.

Last edited:

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim

I don't read the website in the woods so. That said maybe next camping trip this issue will come up if there is reception. Also you misspelled "webiste" but then again I also suck with typos and misspelling.:grin2:

Last edited:

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree that they should get their website in order but, people buy their stuff because it's quality/fit and finish, output, and features are some of the best in the industry. The only other brand of headlamps(because you used the Wizard in your example)that compares to them is Zebralight. Most other brands are not even in the same ball park.

My experience: body tube that wasn't bore true to its axis; tailcap threads with a large gash across them; HA that feels different but not more scratch resistant than others'; multi-modes just like everyone else; though driver potted, solder joints at leads are not, unlike ZL's potting.

Other than their claims, AT is not exceptional at this point in my opinion.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
My experience: body tube that wasn't bore true to its axis; tailcap threads with a large gash across them; HA that feels different but not more scratch resistant than others'; multi-modes just like everyone else; though driver potted, solder joints at leads are not, unlike ZL's potting.

Other than their claims, AT is not exceptional at this point in my opinion.

So you got a lemon. You also only own older production lights from the sounds of it. Zebralight had/has had there fair share of issues too. They were terrible when they were first getting started and still have many issues including a rash of poor spotty anodizing and battery tube issues earlier this year. But, they still make some of the best lights on the market just like Armytek imo. You can only ask so much from a sub $100 offshore made light. Armytek's anodizing is far better then most brands including Fenix, Olight, Thrunite, Eagletac, Nitecore, etc. It is rated at 400HV and is real Type III unlike some of the other offshore brands that claim theirs is. It is still just aluminum and will only ever have so much scratch resistance. I can scratch an Elzetta pretty easily if I want to too. Buy stainless steel or carbide if you want ridiculous scratch resistance.

Look man, you clearly have a hate on for Armytek because you constantly troll their threads and never have anything but negative things to say. We get it, you don't like them. That's fine, everyone gets an opinion. Why don't you stick to the subforums of the lights you do like because your trolling is not appreciated here.

Last edited:

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
So you got a lemon. You also only own old production lights(from the sounds of it) from when the company was just starting. Nope, wrong. Dobermann Pro and Wizard XHP 50. Zebralight had/has had there fair share of issues too. They were terrible when they were first getting started and still have many issues including a rash of poor spotty anodizing earlier this year. But, they still make some of the best lights on the market just like Armytek imo. You can only ask so much from a sub $100 offshore made light. Armytek's anodizing is far better then most brands including Fenix, Olight, Thrunite, Eagletac, Nitecore, etc. It is rated at 400HV. Have you verified this or just taking what AT claims to be true? and is real Type III unlike some of the other offshore brands that claim theirs is. It is still just aluminum and will only ever have so much scratch resistance. I can scratch an Elzetta pretty easily if I want to too. Buy stainless steel or carbide if you want ridiculous scratch resistance. Not arguing that. Only saying you believe AT's HA is top notch, but I think it's not better than the brands you mentioned.

Look man, you clearly have a hate on for Armytek because you constantly troll their threads and never have anything but negative things to say. We get it, Do you really? You've not read all that I've posted regarding AT. I have said positive things about them before and given constructive criticism, just not in this thread. you don't like them. That's fine, everyone gets an opinion. Why don't you stick to the subforums of the lights you do like because your trolling. Trolling? As opposed to what you're doing, touting only the positives and not the negatives? I'm just doing the opposite. is not appreciated here.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, new or old, sounds like you got a lemon. My lights are near perfect. They are better quality then most of the offshore lights on the market imo. I was quite surprised, considering the price, when I tried my first recently.

No, I unfortunately don't have access to a hardness testing machine/durometer anymore. But, their anodizing doesn't chip, it only shows wear when the aluminum is dented unlike my Nitecore, Thrunite, Fenix, Eagletac, etc. lights that easily chip. Their anodizing grinds metal off things like keys and leaves metal impregnated in the finish appearing like a scratch. This might be fooling you but, it can be removed with a little work and the right chemical. It is quite matt/chalky(a trait of good quality real Type III) so it does show scratching in the right light due to the changes in the sheen but, this is normal for quality anodizing. A real scratch will show the aluminum underneath. I have many examples of anodizing to compare to including other more costly lights, high end knives, and high end firearms. Their anodizing is the good stuff and is mainly held back by the aluminum hardness like many examples of anodized aluminum. But, if they used 7075 T651 these lights would not cost what they do and would be much more.

Lately you seem to only chime in with negative things in Armytek threads. But, by the sounds of it you just keep buying them. This puzzles me:thinking: I think you had better check my post history. I have been agreeing and complaining about Armytek's inaccuracies and mistake filled website and specs quite a bit lately. But, their quality is quite good in my opinion. And, I have formed that opinion based on a background in trades including manufacturing, metallurgy, machining and many other fields as well as many years of being into lights, knives, firearms, etc. I don't have a long term opinion on Armytek however, because I just bought my first recently but, so far, I am impressed.

Last edited:

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, new or old, sounds like you got a lemon. My lights are near perfect. They are better quality then most of the offshore lights on the market imo. I was quite surprised, considering the price, when I tried my first recently.

No, I unfortunately don't have access to a hardness testing machine/durometer anymore. But, their anodizing doesn't chip, it only shows wear when the aluminum is dented unlike my Nitecore, Thrunite, Fenix, Eagletac, etc. lights that easily chip. Their anodizing grinds metal off things like keys and leaves metal impregnated in the finish appearing like a scratch. This sounds interesting, but the scratches on mine are here to stay. This might be fooling you but, it can be removed with a little work and the right chemical. It is quite matt/chalky(a trait of good quality real Type III) AFAIK, Type 3 HA can be glossy with polishing and bright anodizing. Matte finish doesn't necessarily equate to real or quality HA. so it does show scratching in the right light due to the changes in the sheen but, this is normal for quality anodizing. A real scratch will show the aluminum underneath. I have many examples of anodizing to compare to including other more costly lights, high end knives, and high end firearms. Their anodizing is the good stuff and is mainly held back by the aluminum hardness like many examples of anodized aluminum. But, if they used 7075 T651 these lights would not cost what they do and would be much more.

Lately you seem to only chime in with negative things in Armytek threads. But, by the sounds of it you just keep buying them. This puzzles me:thinking: Nope. Just bought enough to see that problems indeed run through several different lines. I have only a Dobermann Pro, which is the 2nd replacement for a failed 1st replacement, a Wizard Pro XHP 50, also a second replacement for a failed 1st replacement, and a Prime Pro A1. I think you had better check my post history. I have been agreeing and complaining about Armytek's inaccuracies and mistake filled website and specs quite a bit lately. I've been talking about their build quality in this current exchange with you, not about their specs or website. But, their quality is quite good in my opinion. And, I have formed that opinion based on a background in trades including manufacturing, metallurgy, machining and many other fields as well as many years of being into lights, knives, firearms, etc. I don't have a long term opinion on Armytek however, because I just bought my first recently but, so far, I am impressed.

chaosdsm

Enlightened
Quite often, e-commerce websites (especially for smaller companies) are built and maintained by an independent company that has nothing to do with the products being sold on the website. Don't know if this is the case with Armytek or not, but either way, there are humans (who are prone to error) behind the information you see... besides, better to check out reviews than rely upon manufacturer supplied specs....

I only own one Armytek light (Dobermann Pro XP-L HI purchased Oct 1st, 2016), build quality and HA seems better than the 3 Nitecore's I've purchased, though I don't really care for the UI very much. Based on this one light, I am definitely not worried about inaccuracies on their website & I'm keeping Armytek on my watch list for future lights.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Your way of responding is weird and cant be quoted SCS. Why dont you post a normal reply next time instead of inserting into my quote.

Well, I'm am not looking to debate any further and continue to derail this thread(which is supposed to be about their websites mistakes). You are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine. But, I have to say, you must have bad luck or unrealistic expectations man. All 4 of the Armytek's that I have bought for myself and others have been perfect in fit, finish, and operation and work exactly as per the manual in every aspect so far. I will have to chime in later regarding their long term reliability. After initial review, I rate them almost as high as Zebralight, which I rate quite a bit above most of the other China lights(Nitecore, Fenix, Thrunite, Eagletac, Olight, etc.).

Last edited:

mckeand13

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll add some comments again.

I guess wondering "why people would buy their products if they can't get the simple stuff right" is a little extreme.

It does make me wonder though.....I got some very quirky replies to emails I sent regarding free shipping which was supposed to be a promotion at the time directly from the Armytek site. It turned out that the site didn't list all of the details so there was no free shipping in the end.

I've got two Wizards and do like them. They have proven quite durable and their hard anodizing is great. I was thinking of another but I'm deciding to pass considering their specification errors amongst their and distributor sites. Nothing matches up so how do I know what I'm getting. Their response to the free shipping non-promotion sort of honked me off too.

Ill keep looking. Maybe I'll be back when I can't find what I want elsewhere.

The_Driver

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the biggest feature of their headlamps is the optic! In my eyes this is the one thing that realy differentiates them from Zebralight! I am specifically talking about the XM-L/XP-L Wizard (or Tiara). It has an almost perfect combination of flood and throw and there is no "dark area" between the spot and spill. I am a runner and find the beam very practical.

Other than that I think they are very similar to Zebralight, but Zebralight does some of the details better, i.e. better switches (easier to click, recessed), more practical thermal regulation (never get too hot to hold, small steps), possibly no blinking of the main LED when battery voltage is low because of low temperatures (rather dangerous when running), and smaller and lighter housings.

Last edited:

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
I think the biggest feature of their headlamps is the optic! In my eyes this is the one thing that realy differentiates them from Zebralight! Im am specifically talking about the XM-L/XP-L Wizard (or Tiara). It has an almost perfect combination of flood and throw and there is no "dark area" between the spot and spill. I am a runner and find the beam very practical.

Other than that I think they are very similar to Zebralight, but Zebralight does some of the details better, i.e. better switches (easier to click, recessed), more practical thermal regulation (never get too hot to hold, small steps), possibly no blinking of the main LED when battery voltage is low because of low temperatures (rather dangerous when running), and smaller and lighter housings.

I trail run the AT headlamps all the time. The Wizard/Tiara beam profile is either a fantastically lucky good mistake or really great engineering from people who used headlamps. On a side note there is an error on the website pertaining to the output of the XHP50 wizard.

On the website:

OUTPUT LEVELS AND RUNTIMES:[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, sans-serif]Turbo2 = 1800 (1h), Turbo1 = 900lm (1h40min), 390lm (4h), 165lm (10,5h), 30lm (50h), 5,5lm (12d), 1,5lm (40d), 0,15lm (200d), Strobe3, Strobe2, Strobe1[/FONT]

From PDF downloadable manual

XHP50

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, sans-serif]Firefly3 5.5 lm / 40d 7.5 lm / 6dFirefly2 1.5 lm / 40d[/FONT]

XM-L

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, sans-serif]Firefly3 7.5 lm / 6dFirefly2 2.3 lm / 18d[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, sans-serif]Clearly both Firefly3 and 2 can't be the same 40d. Must be a copy typo. I bet it's more like the 12d as stated in the website. No seals were broken, no end of days.....LOL![/FONT]

ArmyTek

Enlightened
I trail run the AT headlamps all the time. The Wizard/Tiara beam profile is either a fantastically lucky good mistake or really great engineering from people who used headlamps. On a side note there is an error on the website pertaining to the output of the XHP50 wizard.

On the website:

OUTPUT LEVELS AND RUNTIMES:Turbo2 = 1800 (1h), Turbo1 = 900lm (1h40min), 390lm (4h), 165lm (10,5h), 30lm (50h), 5,5lm (12d), 1,5lm (40d), 0,15lm (200d), Strobe3, Strobe2, Strobe1

From PDF downloadable manual

XHP50

Firefly3 5.5 lm / 40d 7.5 lm / 6dFirefly2 1.5 lm / 40d

XM-L

Firefly3 7.5 lm / 6dFirefly2 2.3 lm / 18d

Clearly both Firefly3 and 2 can't be the same 40d. Must be a copy typo. I bet it's more like the 12d as stated in the website. No seals were broken, no end of days.....LOL!
Thank you for your attention. It is a mistake in the manual, not on website. We have updated our manuals. It will be upload as soon as possible.

ssanasisredna

Enlightened
Thank you for all your opinions. We appreciate your assistance to make our website and products better.

You know you don't really have that many products and the users on CPF tell you repeatedly that your specs are:

a) WRONG
b) Impossible
c) Conflicting.

I can't see it taking more than 1 day --- that's it, one day for someone to go through and fix all the errors ..... assuming you know what the correct values are.

SO ... I will ask, WHY have you not done it?

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
You know you don't really have that many products and the users on CPF tell you repeatedly that your specs are:

a) WRONG
b) Impossible
c) Conflicting.

I can't see it taking more than 1 day --- that's it, one day for someone to go through and fix all the errors ..... assuming you know what the correct values are.

SO ... I will ask, WHY have you not done it?

There are enough people who feel they've gotten their money's worth, enough who buy and keep buying, and those who don't know or don't care.