Sky Lumen        
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Armytek Wizard Pro XHP50 V3 field use review.

A&Q Moderator

Default Re: Armytek Wizard Pro XHP50 V3 field use review.

Updated the OP with info on the new plastic harness.

The TK20. Yes it still rocks.

just got mine yesterday, btw its little different since mine have a heatsink in the head part, i wonder what version is mine...

A&Q Moderator

That's the newest of the new V3 USB chargeable wizard I think. It should have the voltage range someplace on the head or body. 2.7 to 9 volts not pro 2.4 to 9 volts pro unless they changed something with the USB charging.

Having used my XHP50 warm for about one month it would be my first choice if I could only have one light. It does everything!!!!!!! A universal, very compact, durable, no sharp edges and I can lock it out. Truly a first-class design!!! I never use it on high power mode: no need. The benefit of the XHP50 led is that it gives an more uniform beam compared to my XML-2 Wizard pro. The warm tint is perfect showing colors well and this damn light just runs forever on one battery. Nuff said. Truly the flashlight of the year!!!! The plastic clip has a nice curved shape, and, as a result, is a lot more comfortable than the older silicone design.
    Last edited by Lumencrazy; 04-02-2017 at 09:29 AM.

Does anyone with the new USB version know if it charges a battery pretty efficiently?

I also have the new Wizard v3 XHP50 (warm) USB version with the new cooling fins around the head. I have the light for a couple of months now and for me it is also my first choice light! It works great, good mode spacing, colour temp and runtime.
    I think Armytek uses a very simple and slow charging argorithm because it starts around 700 mA charging rate down to around 200 mA. It takes a lot of hours to fully charge the included 3200mah 18650. But it works fine and that's the most important for me. I think the reliability has really been improved with the new Armytek XHP50 lights.

Anyone have the same problem like me?
    The light is flickering at firefly mode, not at the other mode since its too bright to seen by naked eyes

A&Q Moderator

No flicker on firefly. Better contact AT and show them the video.

Mine also has no flicker on firefly. Did you try to clean all the contacts in the tail(cap)?
    Last edited by FlashlightR; 04-04-2017 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashlightR View Post
    Mine also has no flicker on firefly. Did you try to clean all the contacts in the tail(cap)?
    I already cleaned both head and tail side inside, nothing change
    If its clearly a defect, i'll contact the seller then
    Looks like nobody have the same issue like this
    Last edited by doelzzz; 04-04-2017 at 11:24 AM.

That's bad luck..... please let us know how Armytek take care of this.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashlightR View Post
    That's bad luck..... please let us know how Armytek take care of this.
    No, it is not a bad luck. The statistic shows that the Armytek products faults are normal behavior. If somebody have one or three of the Armytek products and they works fine this is not prove their reliability (that is too small statistical sample). But if you search in CPF for the problems this will give you more realistic view of their products quality (the problems are too much compared with their competitors). Armytek problems with even simple things as the user manuals make me to realize that it is not worth to take a risk with their products. There are more reliable and responsible brands which to prefer.

Just two links about Armytec quality:
    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?428704-Is-Armytek-a-gamble
    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...specifications

I know about the issues in the past. I had a lot of Armytek lights with driver issues and incomplete retail boxes. I really thought that the 'new' generation XHP light were much better. Time will tell......

A&Q Moderator

My overal preference is for their standard (not pro) line as the UI is easier and I think there is less
    to go wrong. Too bad they don't offer the XHP-50 in standard. That said I like this light.

Quote Originally Posted by Woods Walker View Post
    My overal preference is for their standard (not pro) line as the UI is easier and I think there is less
    to go wrong. Too bad they don't offer the XHP-50 in standard. That said I like this light.
    I would suspect that internally they are identical. Just programmed differently. A lot cheaper than operating two different assembly lines. And a lot cheaper than buying smaller quantities of different components. A very common practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumencrazy View Post
    I would suspect that internally they are identical. Just programmed differently. A lot cheaper than operating two different assembly lines. And a lot cheaper than buying smaller quantities of different components. A very common practice.
    The pro models offer constant output at the lower turbo mode; the regular model doesn't. My guess: the pros have buck/boost drivers, which have more components and are more expensive, whereas the regulars have buck drivers that are less expensive.
    Imalent, Armytek, Gearbest, and Banggood are still in business for the same reason Logan Paul is still making money.
    Imalent, Failure Imminent.

Quote Originally Posted by scs View Post
    The pro models offer constant output at the lower turbo mode; the regular model doesn't. My guess: the pros have buck/boost drivers, which have more components and are more expensive, whereas the regulars have buck drivers that are less expensive.
    To run with a 18650 cell the driver must have a DC boost driver to increase the voltage from the nominal 3.6 to approx. 5.7 (required forward voltage for the XHP50).
    Last edited by Lumencrazy; 04-13-2017 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumencrazy View Post
    To run with a 18650 cell the driver must have a DC boost driver to increase the voltage from the nominal 3.6 to approx. 5.7 (required forward voltage for the XHP50)
    WW was referring to the the XML XPL versions, not XHP 50 version. I was as well.
    The XHP 50 version doesn't come in the non pro flavor.
    Imalent, Armytek, Gearbest, and Banggood are still in business for the same reason Logan Paul is still making money.
    Imalent, Failure Imminent.

OOps.

A&Q Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by scs View Post
    WW was referring to the the XML XPL versions, not XHP 50 version. I was as well.
    The XHP 50 version doesn't come in the non pro flavor.
    That's correct.

Flashaholic*

An Armytek flashlight is like a Mercedes Benz luxury car: both have desirable features and poorer than average reliability.

Quote Originally Posted by doelzzz View Post
    Anyone have the same problem like me?
    The light is flickering at firefly mode, not at the other mode since its too bright to seen by naked eyes
    update
    so the seller sent me the new one after that, no flickering again with the flashlight, just some minor issues like the optic doesnt perfectly cut on circle, and there is looks like a "dead pixel" on bottom of the optic if seeing from above, but the function is still allright.

Last edited by doelzzz; 05-01-2017 at 01:57 AM.

A&Q Moderator

Not sure what you are showing there. If you think the glass isn't properly positioned in the bezel dunk it inside a cup of water.

edit. IMHO best to find out if there is a problem at home than in the field but that's just me.
    Last edited by Woods Walker; 05-01-2017 at 08:22 AM.

Not sure what you are showing there. If you think the glass isn't properly positioned in the bezel dunk it inside a cup of water.

edit. IMHO best to find out if there is a problem at home than in the field but that's just me.
    what i mean is the bead lens cutting edge is not perfectly circle

and some of the bead lens surface looks foggy if you looked it from upside

maybe im just too OCD lol, but like i said before, its just some minor issues about fit and finish, the function is still good

A&Q Moderator

When I go home will check both of mine for that. A submersion test would show if the bezel is comparamized. Not sure but guessing the O-ring is under the window.
    Last edited by Woods Walker; 05-01-2017 at 09:45 AM.

A&Q Moderator

I checked out my XP-L version (the XHP is at the other house). I don't see anything funky with the glass. Maybe Email Armytek or give it a dunk. It's not OCD to be concerned about the window as water intrusion is not something you want. I bet AT would know if there is an issue. They have a sub forum on CPF.

Hi Woods Walker. Seen some of your youtube channel before coming to this forum.

My other half wants a lamp like this. Some kind of morbid fascination with overwhelming power, (Whoo-oop--SNAP!) haha.

I think thismight be the reaction she expects from such a lamp when encountering other hikers in camp and on the trails:

From the Doomsday Machine (1967): Star Trek Original Series. Commodore Decker kamikazes the weapon of mass planetary destruction with a shuttle craft by flying down its throat!

A&Q Moderator

I remember that. Hard on the outside but soft and weak on the inside. I mostly run the upper firefly and bottom tier two modes. Hardly ever use the bright turbo.

I mostly run the upper firefly and bottom tier two modes. Hardly ever use the bright turbo.
    ...Only YOU can
    prevent forest fires!

Just got my Wizard Pro USB. Whats the best 18650 batteries to get? Saw some 10 amp batteries.

Seems like the USB will take awhile to charge via the USB.

So I might buy a portable charger for it

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast