I want some insane FLOOD for my backyard, no $$ limit, handheld

SoUptheEXTREME

Newly Enlightened
What's new everyone, so it's been a while since I posted/lurked here (roar of the pelican was all the rage) and a lot of my searches are bringing up older tech, or how to essentially get great distance.

I'd like an unreal FLOOD light. I live on an acre plot, and I don't necessarily need to see far in the distance, I'd like to go outside and have the absolute widest, brightest, flood I can have, in a handheld form. I want it to look like daylight in the entire width of the backyard, and burn the retinas of every oppossum and coyote nearby.

It does not have to have a crazy runtime, it can be a premade product or I can mod or building myself. I just need some guidance as to achieve something with an awesome crazy FLOOD. (I thought about modding 3 bright leds all pointing in 3 different angles)
Will post tons of pics before and after comparing to what I have now.

edit:: to clarify when I say handheld I'm not speaking of those 10lb mods that rig up a bunch of 100w chips on the front. Now if I could do a single chip in handheld with a wide diffuser, I suppose that would work?

Last edited:

Boots45acp

Newly Enlightened
I am pretty happy with my Thrunite TN36UTVN
It is on Vihn's website
skylumen.com
Super bright flooder

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
any of the new Eagtac multi XHP35 HD lights. Would skip the Vinh lights so you can keep your factory warranty.

SoUptheEXTREME

Newly Enlightened
I am pretty happy with my Thrunite TN36UTVN
It is on Vihn's website
skylumen.com
Super bright flooder

Thanks all

I actually was looking at the TN36UTVN thread soon after. Looks to be perfect. Yet I'm curious if there's anything anyone has built that would be similar? I'd love to be able to put one together myself. Yet I would need some kind of DIY guide at least of the correct parts. Would love to put something in my old 6v lantern spotlight I have, plenty of space.

SaliesDB

Newly Enlightened
HaikeLite MT03 Devourer - basically a car headlamp in a pocket. I have a 4S on the way so I can scare the crap out of Santa. Still hoping to buy a M30CvnT at some stage, but the Devourer will see me through the famine till then.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tn36vn
X7vn
Tk75nv
Rc40vnf
That's the Big Four Of Flooders in one post. I have the TN36UTvn and the TK75vnQ70. The X7vn and the RC40vnF are on my trigger list. (But first, the Acebeam X65, to get a little bit of throw with my flood.)

EDness

Newly Enlightened
That's the Big Four Of Flooders in one post. I have the TN36UTvn and the TK75vnQ70. The X7vn and the RC40vnF are on my trigger list. (But first, the Acebeam X65, to get a little bit of throw with my flood.)

The X7vn throws pretty well for what it is...it actually has a hot spot compare to Noctigon M43(219C). Well 16000 lumens will throw regardless.

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you're willing to do it yourself you can save some incredible money DIYing the vinh lights yourself, it's also quite fun. All of the parts are commonly available and it will allow customization that vinh does not offer.

Take the TK75 for example, you can get these around $100, add in a direct driver FET driver optimized for 2 series cells and add some parallel 6V XHP70s and you have a TK75 with some massive flood for $200

Last edited:

SoUptheEXTREME

Newly Enlightened
I think what I'm going to do is get a 100w led kit off ebay. It comes with the led, lens, heatsink + driver. Then mod this into some type of enclosure.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/100W-100Wat...hash=item3d0f8408df:m:mwpcPILybO0GxGbdS-vIwjg
It says 500 have been sold

How would this compare to the big 4 listed? Tn36vn, X7vn, Tk75nv, Rc40vnf?

The only thing is I have no idea what to buy for battery power to match one of those premade kits..

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think what I'm going to do is get a 100w led kit off ebay. It comes with the led, lens, heatsink + driver. Then mod this into some type of enclosure.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/100W-100Wat...hash=item3d0f8408df:m:mwpcPILybO0GxGbdS-vIwjg
It says 500 have been sold

How would this compare to the big 4 listed? Tn36vn, X7vn, Tk75nv, Rc40vnf?

The only thing is I have no idea what to buy for battery power to match one of those premade kits..

As cheap as that eBay setup is, and without name brand components, it's fairly likely that the quality would be sub par.

Back in 2012 or 2013, I bought a Thrunite TN30, which at the time was called "the king of flood". It actually had better than average throw as well as awesome flood characteristics. It was rated at about 2700L on turbo, but also had several lower settings, including a 1L setting that was surprisingly useful. Since that light is considered an older model(compared with newer models released since then), you can probably find a TN30 for a fraction of its original price. Believe me, even though there are new lights with over 6000L, the TN30's top settings are crazy bright! Chances are you'd rarely need 2700L.

Last edited:

YAK-28

Enlightened
you might to use an old "big beam" unit. i don't know how big your kit parts are, but there are several sizes of old big beam lights. i'm one will hold everything if you go that route.

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
any of the new Eagtac multi XHP35 HD lights. Would skip the Vinh lights so you can keep your factory warranty.
You do realize vinh has his own warranty service which is really good. posting stuff like that makes it sound like, if your Vinh light breaks your screwed. Not even close. Id take vinhs warranty over a factory warranty any day... also iv only had 2 light of vinhs ever break on me and iv bought 100s of lights from him. I had them back fixed free within a week. I cant tell you how many stock lights iv got that were doa. So I stopped buying stock lights for the most part.

redvalkyrie

Enlightened
What? No love for the Malkoff Wildcat? I prefer the V5 over the V6 but you can't go wrong with either.