Brightex XR-700

rlb4

Newly Enlightened
Is this light any good? It's on Amazon for $50. I can't find any info on it other than its website.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
I found the website for this item. No tech info on the website.

This item could be ok for candlepowerforums[dot]com/vb/forumdisplay.php?130, if it is not junk, or just a total scam.

texas cop

Enlightened
I would consider it a scam light. It's a 26650 zoomie in the same league as Shadowhawk X800, LumiTact G700, or the Light Strike 360.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
About a $10 (MAX) light from some of the big Chinese websites. Cheap & thin aluminum. Anodizing that will wear off if you look at it wrong. I can hear the threads grinding. :) Buyer beware my friend. Good luck.

rlb4

Newly Enlightened
I was skeptical too. How about the ThruNite Archer 2A V3? Saw some good reviews here. It seems like a good budget light.

brightex

Newly Enlightened
Hello rlb4, Str8stroke, and all other members

We totally understand your skepticism and, believe it or not, we were also upset by the deceptive advertising by many of our competitors, which also made our marketing efforts a LOT harder as a Brand that decided NOT to play that sneaky game.

In order to help us emphasize the quality of our products in a market where scam is all over the place, we have recently contacted an independent testing center (UL - Underwriters Laboratories, known for developing and testing safety standards for electrical devices) in order to test the real lumen output of a few of the major players in the industry alongside with our own products.

Results reveal that many of the leading flashlight brands selling online these days – use fake brightness claims such as "1000lm" and more, while UL test results show numbers more in the 200lm-350lm area! Moreover, the T6 CREE LED (commonly used by those brands) cannot even reach these values theoretically, not to mention practically – where measurements prove they provide a LOT less! Here are the Official UL lab test results of those brands. For legal reasons we do not disclose the name of the companies tested, but this gives you a general idea of what we need to deal with :-(

Now on the other hand, SAME lab test results prove that our Brightex XR-700 700 Lumens Tactical light provides indeed REAL 700 Lumens (actually 704.3). Same goes for our FL-11 Model which claims 600lm and got indeed 600lm in those same tests. Here are the official test results for our Brightex XR-700. And here are those of the FL-11

Have you ever seen another flashlight Brand providing official Lab test results (by a reputable independent third party Lab, such as UL), as we did, that backs up their quality claims? To this date – we have yet to encounter such a case.

Reading our Amazon reviews also show that we don't play this sneaky game:
"Way to go for the truth in advertising!"
"Amazing and Honest in what you advertise"
(you can find those reviews and many of the same type - on our amazon page for the FL11 model)

Here's a review we received for the XR-700 model, just a few days ago:
"I bought this with some scepticism since I've been burned on so-called `High Lumen Flashlights` before. All I can say is that the manufacturers did not overstate the light output of the XR-700 Pro. If anything, they underestimated it. This thing puts out more light than any flashlight I have ever owned."

Note: we are not another private-label flashlight brand selling standard flashlights while just changing the labeling, like many brands do, and in some cases adding a cheap charger and a low quality 18650 battery. We actually took the time to design the XR-700, while also implementing great improvements based on customers' feedback. Moreover, we also invested in a high quality 26650/18650 fast charger (with a charging current of 1000mA instead of the standard 500mA), with a reverse polarity protection and a UL certified stamp. We also provide a REAL 4800mAh 26650 protected battery. We don't play games when it comes to safety.
You can watch how the Brightex XR-700 compares against a few of the brands that where tested by UL labs, by just searching
"Brightex XR 700" on Youtube.

The detailed information you were looking for, about our XR-700 flashlight KIT can be found on our XR-700 product page on our site. Please let us know should you require more technical information or if you have any other questions.

AND… Last but not least: What about our customer service? simply search "customer" on our amazon FL11 reviews page (The XR-700 page is still new) and see for yourself what our customers think about the way we treat them.

I hope this helps shed some light about our brand and specifically about the Brightex XR-700 Model. We know you are going to love it if you give it a chance, and we'd be happy to hear your feedback after trying it out.

Please let us know if you have any questions. We'll be happy to assist. We pride ourselves on being honest in our promotions and on the fact that we go out of our way to please our customers and treat them like gold.

Sincerely,
Kim Torchy,
The Brightex Team