Armytek tiara A1 help please

Tulip bush

Enlightened
So my Tiara A1 arrived today. I put my fully charged Sanyo eneloop 1.2v, min 2,450mAh battery in and had a little play, but I was surprised when it did a little flash in turbo more or less straight away. Turned it off and back on in turbo and it did a slight intermittent flicker flashed and went to firefly....it hasn't done this since, but more or less flashes as soon as it's put in turbo...., tried this with more than one dress xxx Sanyo eneloop, all the same. Quite surprised as I thought it could go about 30 in turbo.

If you can let me know your experience please.

Last edited:

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
So my Tiara A1 arrived today. I put my fully charged Sanyo eneloop 1.2v, min 2,450mAh battery in and had a little play, but I was surprised when it did a little flash in turbo more or less straight away. Turned it off and back on in turbo and it did a slight intermittent flicker flashed and went to firefly....it hasn't done this since, but more or less flashes as soon as it's put in turbo...., tried this with more than one dress xxx Sanyo eneloop, all the same. Quite surprised as I thought it could go about 30 in turbo.

If you can let me know your experience please.

Does the main group work without problems? It should be preset for AA out the box, but try setting the battery again and see if that fixes your issue. Consult manual for instruction on procedure.

Tulip bush

Enlightened
Does the main group work without problems? It should be preset for AA out the box, but try setting the battery again and see if that fixes your issue. Consult manual for instruction on procedure.

Thanks. Main group work ok. No mention of setting for battery type in manual....I'll check armytek site.

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Should be on second page of manual, lower left.
Not likely a cell selection problem by the symptoms, but worth a try.
The other standard thing to do is check all the electrical contact surfaces. Clean all threads and rim on driver underside.

Tulip bush

Enlightened
Should be on second page of manual, lower left.
Not likely a cell selection problem by the symptoms, but worth a try.
The other standard thing to do is check all the electrical contact surfaces. Clean all threads and rim on driver underside.

Thanks..no nothing I can see in manual or on armytek site, it's the xm-l2....although knowing me I could have missed it.

Did find something on the net saying you hold switch on, it cycles through modes then stops, as it stops quickly press switch, it flashes, then you press switch once for AA. Tried this, but once it cycles through the modes it dosent switch off, it goes in main mode and keeps cycling through this. I'll check contacts.

Forgot to say it's the standard "non pro" tiara...with yellow switch.

cheers

Last edited:

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the battery type selection is for the Tiara Pro only, which includes low-voltage protection for unprotected lithium-ion cells.

You're saying it does this every time you try turbo, but high and lower modes work fine? Are you sure the battery you're using is in good shape? I could see an older battery that can't supply the amperage needed resulting in the symptoms described.

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
I believe the battery option is only for the pro which is just fine in my book as never use that option (don't run 14500 naked). This sounds like a battery issue. If a battery can't support the turbo all my AT lights drop that mode. I would try with a few different batteries.

Tulip bush

Enlightened
Thanks all, tried 3 black and purple eneloops, freshly charged, put batteries on meter al showing 1.41. The batteries work ok in my Fenix tk41, but no good for a nose hair trimmer. The batteries although a couple of years old had very little use.

I ordered two of these lights, the next should be here in the next couple of days so will have the other to compare

I don't doubt maybe I was sent some fake batteries....like ok, but who knows....might buy some more.....are the Duracell rechargeable ok?

Tulip bush

Enlightened
Update...... Bought some new 2400 Duracell rechargeables, tried them in the tiara and it did work better but after 3 mins flashed twice and again after six mins. I tried again later with another fresh battery after a couple of mins flashed twice then switched to firefly.
The duracells did seem to perform better, so I can presume my eneloops or either not originals or past their best.
Anyway the light has been returned for replacement.