Was going to trash couple old flashlights out SF G2 incandescent & Innova but..

JTS-M14

Newly Enlightened
I was going through some of my older flashlight junk when I came across an old surefire G2 incandescent with the upgraded bulb assembly even and an innova.I was just going to chuck them in the trash but I figured why not try to at least get them working & try to upgrade them if possible.For starters I want to do away with the cr123 batteries I bought a set of 4 sanyo 16650 batteries $20 .Then I purchased an LED upgrade for surefire G2 allegedly 650 lumen $5.56 Surefire Flashlight Bulb LED Conversion Upgrade 650+ Lumens Cree XML T6 Single Mode Drop-in P60 Design.The G2 was easy to replace the bulb assembly & a 16650 battery.It works prefectly.The innova I was unwilling to take apart further than replacing the cr123 batteries with a 16650.I did not notice that the 16650 batteries I ordered where flat top (which was not an issue in the G2) so I had to okie rig a thin conductive washer to contact the + side of the 16650 in the innova. Both now work and are using rechargable cells. I have not had any issues with either.So far so good.

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Was going to trash couple old flashlights out SF G2 incandescent & Innova but..

I'm glad you got them working, especially the G2. If you want the LED assembly to last in the G2 (if it's got the composite head), don't run it for extended periods of time. The G2 traps all the heat inside the body, with no good way for it to escape.

Last edited:

JTS-M14

Newly Enlightened
Re: Was going to trash couple old flashlights out SF G2 incandescent & Innova but..

Thanks for the heads up on the heat issue as I was going to rail mount the G2 on an Ar-15 pistol with an offset mount
I'm glad you got them working, especially the G2. If you want the LED assembly then last n the G2 (if it's got the composite head), don't run it for extended periods of time. The G2 traps all the heat inside the body, with no good way for it to escape.