Has anybody seen this light yet?

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was scrolling through the technology section of my Google news feed and found this. Looks interesting and fun. It might be a Kickstart project though, not 100% sure. Thought I would share it though. Seems like a good emergency pack light.

https://youtu.be/0sQLbCHVEWg

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
If one is a prepper or does a lot of camping, I could possibly see this light. For general use, it suffers from the same design fault one sees so many places - putting two or more functions together in a single device that would be better served as individual devices. How many general flashlight users need or want an electric arc lighter in their light? I doubt that even a smoker would like a flashlight with a cigarette lighter built into it. And like all 'multi-purpose' devices, if one part breaks, it usually cannot be replaced without replacing the whole unit. I'll stick with my plain Jane flashlight and a lighter or flint and steel if I need to start a fire.

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
IFor general use, it suffers from the same design fault one sees so many places - putting two or more functions together in a single device that would be better served as individual devices.

Agreed, this is serving two masters. I can tell from the video the designers put all their effort and hopes into the gimmick of having a plasma lighter on a flashlight, and the flashlight is left wanting. But if it is cheap, then it could sell. I hate being negative... I really do... but I hate being dishonest more. If the flashlight end and host was actually decent quality and could pass muster at CPF on it's own merit, then it would be another story.

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Agreed, this is serving two masters. I can tell from the video the designers put all their effort and hopes into the gimmick of having a plasma lighter on a flashlight, and the flashlight is left wanting. But if it is cheap, then it could sell. I hate being negative... I really do... but I hate being dishonest more. If the flashlight end and host was actually decent quality and could pass muster at CPF on it's own merit, then it would be another story.

Yes. I am the OP and I totally agree. The plasma lighter is probably what excited most about this light.

I should just go buy a plasma lighter as they look really cool.