lithuims in pt 40?

coachbigdog

Enlightened
Can you put lithiums in the pt40?If so would it make much of a difference?Thanks for any info.I did a search but can't find an answer.

Turt

Enlightened
Yes you can, and it makes a differnce... I think it's more important that you actually change out the bulb for a better one... at least one of the radio shack ones if not one of the mag zenon ones. Another solution is to buy a 3 cell bulb and run it on 4 regular batters... that is actually brighter than using a 4 cell bulb with lithiums... cheaper too... (not sure how long the bulb will last though... mine has gone through a battery change and its still okay)

louie

Flashlight Enthusiast
The AA lithiums will work fine, and are a little brighter - probably shortens the life of the standard bulb. It should run longer and better in the cold and long term storage, but expensive to run. Good for a car glovebox light, but keep a spare bulb around.

For cheaper runtime, many of us use rechargeable NiMH AAs and a 3 cell bulb (such as M*glite), since NiMH have a little lower voltage. Again, keep spare bulbs around.

Latest posts