Jetbeam        
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mini Mark II review

Default Re: Mini Mark II review

BVH,

What happens if you always turn your Mini MKII off when it's in Moon mode?

~ Chance
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

I totally understand that approach - I guess that's the only way to accomplish what I want. I'm so used to the S1 Baton where I can press and hold the switch to have the light come on in Moon Mode regardless of how it was shut off.
    Last edited by BVH; 03-27-2017 at 08:54 AM.
    WWII 60" Carbon Arc (Sold), 1.6KW NightSun, 1KW VSS-3A, .8KW TrakkaBeam, 600W M-134 Light, 500W X-500-14s, 500W Starburst, 500W A120b, 450 Watt AEG German Leopard 1 Tank Light, 300W Locators, Megaray, 150W Communicator, Maxabeam Gen3, Pichel 75W Mini-Novas

Quote Originally Posted by BVH View Post
    I totally understand that approach - I guess that's the only way to accomplish what I want. I'm so used to the S1 Baton where I can press and hold the switch to have the light come on in Moon Mode regardless of how it was shut off.
    That's a cool feature.

~ Chance
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

A&Q Moderator

I ordered a copper one on clearance. Seemed like a good deal for the money. The charger can be tossed in one of my kits as have an Olight one. The light, battery and charger for 32 bucks with discount shipped.
    The TK20. Yes it still rocks.

I dont own one but i thought they had mode memory? I guess they dont?
    Granny shiftin not double clutchin like you should

Wanted: quark 18650 body and malkoff wildcat v5 5000k mtg2 head

A&Q Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Marin View Post
    I dont own one but i thought they had mode memory? I guess they dont?
    What is the basis for your guess? This per David Chow. "In fact whatever level you had on last will be the first mode to come on."
    Last edited by Woods Walker; 10-25-2017 at 02:23 PM.

Reason why i ask is the complaints on moon mode being last in the cycle but why would that matter if it has mode memory and not no memory? I was replying to a post above but i think it got edited
    Granny shiftin not double clutchin like you should

Wanted: quark 18650 body and malkoff wildcat v5 5000k mtg2 head

A&Q Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Marin View Post
    Reason why i ask is the complaints on moon mode being last in the cycle but why would that matter if it has mode memory and not no memory? I was replying to a post above but i think it got edited
    Here is the full exchange on the 4 sevens site.

"why is moonlight after high? were you high when u decided that was a good idea?"

David Chow's response.

"haha you're funny. moonlight is used less than low in our market studies. If you want moonlight to come on each time then turn off when it's moonlight and it will come on moonlight. In fact whatever level you had on last will be the first mode to come on. Does that help?"

I will know more soon as the light is being shipped now though am in Florida right now so might have to wait a few weeks. Odds are it has memory mode. Also I am inclined to like low-med-high but that's just me.

Flashaholic*

Moonlight is useless unless it is the first mode. Being that they have multiple programmable mode options I think one with moonlight should be no memory. Or better yet have a few different mode options and then a toggle for memory/no memory.

Funny about the "moonlight last" discussion. It HAS memory, we know that. So the modes are not in a row, they are in a CIRCLE. Whether you type moonlight last or first, it is the same interface. I too wish it was the default first mode, with no memory, but it is what it is, first, before low - wait, no... last, after high - oh, right

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    Funny about the "moonlight last" discussion. It HAS memory, we know that. So the modes are not in a row, they are in a CIRCLE. Whether you type moonlight last or first, it is the same interface. I too wish it was the default first mode, with no memory, but it is what it is, first, before low - wait, no... last, after high - oh, right

Snicker, snort, smile.

One can always purchase the Turbo model and set it to configuration #6.

~ Cg

I got my Mini Mk II Titanium last week and used it since as an EDC in my front pocket. I usually carry an AAA-flashlight as an EDC because I think that everything above that is to large for comfortably carrying in the front pocket. Why I pulled the trigger on the Mini MkII was the tiny size despite the usage of 16340. It fits perfectly and it's size doesn't bother, I even found myself feeling for it from time to time after thinking I lost it.

The output is indeed great for this little light. Right now Im using the 4-mode selection and keeping it in the low-mode with mode-memory, so I have immediate access to enough light but still key go to moonlight mode with two twists. For an titanium flashlight that size the twisting action is really usable. The only thing that is a little short for my taste is the time you have to cycle to the next mode but the nice bead-blasted surface makes up forr that. I think I will carry this for a long time ;-).
    My Lights (current EDC: Foursevens Mini MkII Titanium)

What is the temperature in nw titanium and in cw aluminium and can you use the led from one with the body off the other or with mini turbo?

Any info about the tint?

Quote Originally Posted by tom6 View Post
    Any info about the tint?
    6000-6200K (to my eyes at least) for the CW in the Aluminum. Not sure about the titanium.
    My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcp...5oUVN8rPDveKYA (EDC, Gear Reviews, and More!)

Thanks for input

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12