Pics & Beamshots of Ultra-G, Arc AA & AAA?

jhereg

Enlightened
I just received an Ultra-G. Am really impressed with it. I don't currently have an ARC AA or AAA. (I know. I need to have my flashaholics card revoked.) Does anyone have a side by side picture of the three flashlights listed above and/or beamshots? I am trying to figure out why I need the ARC flashlights & pictures might help me decide. Thanks.
Andy

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hate to say this. I really, really do...my 6 dollar Dorcy AAA blows away both my Arc AA and all my AAA Arcs. Just don`t like to admit it as I spent so much money on my Arc`s.

jhereg

Enlightened
I have a couple of Dorcy AAAs. I like them. They are bright, but the beam has a lot of rings. The beam on both my Ultra-Gs is brighter & very smooth. I keep a Dorcy AAA in my car for reading driving directions at night. I don't like it on my keychain for edc. It just feels clunky. I'm specifically looking at keychain lights. The Ultra-G is at the extreme top end of what I can accept in size. I've never seen or held any of the ARC AA or AAA flashlights so I was trying to see how they compare in beam & size to something I do have. I have not purchased an AA or AAA ARC because I did not like the twisty on my LS, but with the Ultra-G I discovered I like the twisty on the front of the light. I am planning on purchasing either a AA or AAA ARC at some point, but want to see how big they are.

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about 2 out of three?

Try these threads:

ArcAAA vs. Ultra-G

Dorcy 1AAA #2 (vs ArcAAA vs Ultra-G vs Dorcy #1)

Dorcy 1AAA vs. ArcAAA vs. Ultra-G

[note: I used imagestation.com for those photos -
like others who are using imagestation.com - I note that some pictures are coming up as red-X's -
right-clicking on the X and show picture sometimes works.]

Let's see if one of the (same) beamshots works in this post:

fb046aeb.jpg

kongfuchicken

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know about the dorcy but the arcs are very well regulated and will maintain a consistent output until the battery dries. I have a bunch of arcs arround and they all seem to be as bright as the first day I got em.

Mark_Larson

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know about the dorcy but the arcs are very well regulated and will maintain a consistent output until the battery dries. I have a bunch of arcs arround and they all seem to be as bright as the first day I got em.

[/ QUOTE ] Both the Dorcy and the Arc use a similar type of circuit so the output won't be fully regulated.

I know its hard to swallow, the but the market for small LED flashlights is finally mature.