Any feedback or reviews of the Jetbeam Mini-1 Ti 2017 with the reversible clip?

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
http://www.batteryjunction.com/jetbeam-mini-1-ti.html?gclid=CL_fqKjogNECFQa5wAodUQ0LEA

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jetbeam-MIN...7?hash=item2377df57d5:g:7ewAAOSwiONYO6VG#rwid

There's only a few places selling it and no useful reviews that I could find.

I just ordered the Factor Equipment Ghost 130 at 25% off last night, but became aware of the 2017 Mini-1 Ti with reversible pocket / hat clip this morning on CPF.

I really like the looks of that clip and think this light would be a great option for an unexpected need for hands-free lighting that could always be with me, because of it's small size.

Thanks

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have had one for about a week and it seems it is one of the series of similar lights out recently from many sellers that has almost identical features?
I jumped on this one as it was Ti and had the clip and seemed to offer more than the others to me?
I also found it on deep discount and it pushed me over the edge for sure!

The light operates just like the AEON lights where the head turns first to low and further to high and backwards all the way to off where the head is sort of too loose and seems like it might fall off too?

Te Beam is pretty nice but the color is putrid really just like most if them used to be and sort of a let down for me.

The clip is fixed and mine wiggles a little but I have not tried clipping it to anything yet either,They also ship with a decent chain and I have been carrying mine with the chain.

The light is pretty handy overall even considering the beam color but I am nt sure it will make the EDC rotation with me against the Nitecore Tip Cri that I also got at the same time?

I am OK with the light for the price and size but it is just good and not great as I had hoped it would be.

I have not used mine enough to comment on the battery usage just yet either.

Hope this helps.
http://www.batteryjunction.com/jetbeam-mini-1-ti.html?gclid=CL_fqKjogNECFQa5wAodUQ0LEA

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jetbeam-MIN...7?hash=item2377df57d5:g:7ewAAOSwiONYO6VG#rwid

There's only a few places selling it and no useful reviews that I could find.

I just ordered the Factor Equipment Ghost 130 at 25% off last night, but became aware of the 2017 Mini-1 Ti with reversible pocket / hat clip this morning on CPF.

I really like the looks of that clip and think this light would be a great option for an unexpected need for hands-free lighting that could always be with me, because of it's small size.

Thanks
b7beeb454d454b01c2d86d8ff2d773c5.jpg
bfaf7f2682af778bfc781a8b68deae26.jpg
6aff73b5dec6d2408b4a895fe1d2b846.jpg
882dd1b220bb267b1f65b32ed8c6ee0d.jpg

Last edited:

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the feedback and pictures.

Your observation that yours has a putrid tint has me hesitant to buy one of these, especially since the lowest price I could find is $41.95, including shipping. I don't like putrid tints, but it might be tolerable for the convenience of the intended application of short term hands-free use without being imposing in the pocket when not in use.

Where did you get the great deal on yours?

It would also be good to get some feedback of real-world use of the clip for hands-free use on the hat brim and how thick of a hat brim it can accommodate.

I ordered 5 of the Winter Edition TIP yesterday for $16.95 each from Gearbest - couldn't pass up that price for Christmas gifts and I like the mode spacing. I'd like to find a good deal on a TIP CRI V2 in black. I hope that these don't have the issue of going dead quickly when in lockout mode. I think that the TIP would make a good cap light, if it had the option of a clip.

JDodd

Newly Enlightened
I also found it on deep discount and it pushed me over the edge for sure!

If a discount were available this little jewel, I'd buy it, too.

Is the discount you found still valid? If so, would you mind sharing the information with me/us?

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought mine from the Jetbeam store and it turned out to be Andrew & Amanda on the invoice I remember when I got them?
I can't remember for sure the price but it was enough that I pulled the trigger,maybe the $41 they are on the site right now.
Not nearly as cheap as the Tip and in a lot of ways not nearly as good as the Tip either?
Much smaller though tha the Tip too so tough to compare directly anyway.

I also have been looking at the light more since first posting the little review this afternoon and the beam color on High is actually pretty nice and it is only Putrid on low which is not that uncommon really.Of course I plan to use it mainly on Low too so YMMV as they say.

Edit:I tracked down the price and I paid $28 for them,like I said it was too sweet to pass up at the time and there was a Grand Opening sale in the store which is how I got the deal.

Much more worth it for under $30 but still really interesting little light.
I wonder how all the other brands are,they seem like identical lights for the most part and I would be surprised if many were not produced in the same exact place?

Last edited:

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the look of the clip also.

The light operates just like the AEON lights where the head turns first to low and further to high and backwards all the way to off where the head is sort of too loose and seems like it might fall off too?

Te Beam is pretty nice but the color is putrid really just like most if them used to be and sort of a let down for me.
882dd1b220bb267b1f65b32ed8c6ee0d.jpg

very helpful to see the size comparison w the TIP,
I believe the JetBeam Mini-1 is 17 grams. and the TIP is 21 grams.
and thanks for the comments on the beam color, Im looking at these lights in various brands, trying to find one with a Nichia to gift a college student for keychain use.

I found the Astrolux-M01 for $18 with a N219b. Weights says 14 grams w battery.
http://www.banggood.com/Astrolux-M0...chargeable-Mini-LED-Flashlight-p-1051685.html

Last edited:

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
definitely do not read this post #853
otoh, if you do, you will still still spend less for TWO Nichia lights, than for ONE puke green beam JetBeam

disclaimer, Im not affiliated, and the little 10180 lights are not known for their reliability..
I also get a vicarious thrill from watching you spend money.. LOL

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
definitely do not read this post #853
otoh, if you do, you will still still spend less for TWO Nichia lights, than for ONE puke green beam JetBeam

disclaimer, Im not affiliated, and the little 10180 lights are not known for their reliability..
I also get a vicarious thrill from watching you spend money.. LOL

Luckily I am not a fan of Copper at all.

Also there are lengthy threads about these tiny lights all over and they are not known for reliability for sure although the Jetbeam seem to be built a little better there is no getting around that emitter color.

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dang , the medium on that copper Tool with the Nichia is only 18 lumens. I'm not registered at banggood, when is the discount code applied to reduce the price from $59 to $25? I've been considering one of the Lumintop Tools with the Nichia. I don't need copper, so the black aluminum with the Nichia would do, if it was cheaper.

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the description of " putrid" and green is a bit exaggerated. I have a light with a Cree XR-E that is truly green in tint, and it's not something to brag about but yours pales in comparison. If it is that bad and the clip wiggles, I would advise contacting the seller for an exchange.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the description of " putrid" and green is a bit exaggerated. I have a light with a Cree XR-E that is truly green in tint, and it's not something to brag about but yours pales in comparison. If it is that bad and the clip wiggles, I would advise contacting the seller for an exchange.

Did you get one or do you just think that?

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
I may go ahead and order one from Amazon and take a risk on the tint lottery, since Amazon has a pretty lenient return policy.

I received my Factor Equipment Ghost 130 today and it appears to be a very solid light with smooth operation and nice beam, but the reversible clip on the Jetbeam Mini-Ti beckons to me. The Ghost 130 weighs 28g with the battery and that seems a bit too heavy to actually have on my key ring, but I haven't had any light on my key ring for a few years.

Anybody aware of any sources with discounts on the Jetbeam Mini-1 Ti right now?

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you go to the Jetbeam store and click on any particular light there ,there is a button that says"Make Offer"?
I didn't understand what this was really but maybe go there and and an offer and see what happens?

And make sure to report here what happens too!

Also Goingear seems to have them in stock and lists a code for 20% off all Jetbeam so thats worth a try too.

I am really curious how many of these lights roll off the same exact line somewhere too as they all seem to share the same spec in principle.
I only pulled the trigger on mine because the clip and Ti construction called to me over the others.

I have been trying to carry one around my neck and it is driving me a little crazy but is also handy at times.

I may go ahead and order one from Amazon and take a risk on the tint lottery, since Amazon has a pretty lenient return policy.

I received my Factor Equipment Ghost 130 today and it appears to be a very solid light with smooth operation and nice beam, but the reversible clip on the Jetbeam Mini-Ti beckons to me. The Ghost 130 weighs 28g with the battery and that seems a bit too heavy to actually have on my key ring, but I haven't had any light on my key ring for a few years.

Anybody aware of any sources with discounts on the Jetbeam Mini-1 Ti right now?

Last edited:

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did you get one or do you just think that?

I have one with a cool white tint in SS. I think you were simply unlucky in the tint lottery. Just let Jetbeam know about the problem and I'm sure you can get an exchange. :)

Last edited:

Latest posts