Olight m2x-ut xm-l2 vs. xl-p...need some help here.

JTorch

Newly Enlightened
What's up gang, I hope every one is doing fine. Long story short I'm looking to buy an Olight m2x-ut, I know it's yesterday's news but I want one :) I'm a huge olight fan and user, due to experience with previous models and the price point of product. I know when they first came out they had the de-domed xml2 cree's in them and they threw like a son of a gun for the size and cell used. I've read the reviews and seen the beamshots on those lights threw numerous reviews, but what I did not see was many reviews on the XP-L version, and what I did find was that it wasn't as good of a thrower when they changed the led out. So what I'm asking you pro's, or people that own both is what would you buy if you had a choice today, b/c I've ran across 2 different sellers that are selling both versions brand new for a discounted price. And btw, the xpl is about 25 bucks cheaper than the xml2 version but neither are over 100$. If there are any problems with either one these days, these please let me know...thanks.

toobadorz

Newly Enlightened
Hello, actually there are three different versions of OLIGHT M2X-UT:

1. XM-L2 dedomed. Greenish tint.
2. XP-L dedomed. Greenish tint.
3. XP-L HI. Pretty similar to SR52-UT actually. The tint is not that greenish because OLIGHT doesn't have to dedome the LED. Also the tube structure is better, more resistant to shock, but that also means it's incompatible with the old extension tube. Be sure to buy a proper extesion tube for this guy.

I personally prefer the latest XP-L HI version because of its tint and shock-resistance. The difference in throw distance is really negligible.

Olightworld

Enlightened
Yes toobad is exactly right. The previous version has our old style tailcap and tube structure. It also has a greenish tint so make sure you are ok with that. We changed the M2X to make it better so you might as well go with the new version since it is available.

What's up gang, I hope every one is doing fine. Long story short I'm looking to buy an Olight m2x-ut, I know it's yesterday's news but I want one :) I'm a huge olight fan and user, due to experience with previous models and the price point of product. I know when they first came out they had the de-domed xml2 cree's in them and they threw like a son of a gun for the size and cell used. I've read the reviews and seen the beamshots on those lights threw numerous reviews, but what I did not see was many reviews on the XP-L version, and what I did find was that it wasn't as good of a thrower when they changed the led out. So what I'm asking you pro's, or people that own both is what would you buy if you had a choice today, b/c I've ran across 2 different sellers that are selling both versions brand new for a discounted price. And btw, the xpl is about 25 bucks cheaper than the xml2 version but neither are over 100$. If there are any problems with either one these days, these please let me know...thanks.

JTorch

Newly Enlightened
Yes, I knew they had the XP-L hi version also...but I haven't ran across one for sale to date, Not even at the olightstore do I see this. I did not run across any reviews or beamshots for the 'hi' compared to the other 2 either. If any one has any info or links to that, please share....

Olightworld

Enlightened
Only the XP-L Hi version is available at olightstore. If you order it, you will be receiving the newest version because we ran out of stock of the older ones.

Yes, I knew they had the XP-L hi version also...but I haven't ran across one for sale to date, Not even at the olightstore do I see this. I did not run across any reviews or beamshots for the 'hi' compared to the other 2 either. If any one has any info or links to that, please share....

JTorch

Newly Enlightened
Just to let you know, i asked a question 2 days ago on olightstore about if it was a de-domed XL-P, and was told yes...no one said it was the newer HI version. Also here is the copied email answer you guys sent me yesterday, and whoever sent it thinks this light will throw 1000 meters, you may want to set them straight. And no where is there stated an XL-P HI is used.

Thank you for your interest in OLIGHT products. Here is our reply for the question(s) you asked:
Yes exactly. This is the only way for us to get the 1000 meter distance in a light this size.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. Best Regards, OlightStore.com Team.

Olightworld

Enlightened
Got it. We still use the dedomed XP-L in the M3XS-UT but have changed to the XP-L high with the M2X

Just to let you know, i asked a question 2 days ago on olightstore about if it was a de-domed XL-P, and was told yes...no one said it was the newer HI version. Also here is the copied email answer you guys sent me yesterday, and whoever sent it thinks this light will throw 1000 meters, you may want to set them straight. And no where is there stated an XL-P HI is used.

Thank you for your interest in OLIGHT products. Here is our reply for the question(s) you asked:
Yes exactly. This is the only way for us to get the 1000 meter distance in a light this size.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. Best Regards, OlightStore.com Team.