Recent orders...

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently ordered:

Pelican M6
LEDXTreme Predator
Elektrolumens Hyper Blaster

from three different sites. When I finally get all three in, I'll be able to compare them side by side and post in this forum my opinions. I like the fact that the M6 comes with a holster. And I like the fact that the Hyper Blaster is regulated.

I think I'll end up liking the Elektrolums and Pelican, but I'm not so sure about the Predator. I've read in other threads that the company way overinflates their lumen output (essentially is dishonest about it).

I look forward to seeing what each is capable of though.

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently ordered a Guide Gear 1 Watt 3C Aluminum LED light (luxeon in reflector). I figure that the amount of time since sending the order in via snail mail is long enough to post here, as I want the light. CPF members have a way of taking things out of stock on me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I also ordered a Black Diamond Moonlight Pro from Eastern Mountain Sports. This is the 3 AA version of the Moonlight.

I pretty much know what to expect with the Moonlight Pro, since I have the older version of the Moonlight. I got curious about the Sportman's Guide 3C 1 watt luxeon flashlight.

I will post a mini review on the Guide Gear light and maybe the Moonlight Pro if it has multiple light levels.

Looks like we both have some things to look forward to. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]

Looks like we both have some things to look forward to. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, indeed. Unfortunately, some of these makers sure take their sweet time to ship their lights. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

OTOH, companies like Arc ship their lights out extremely fast. I wish more companies were as efficient at quick shipping time as Arc.

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sportsman's Guide lists my order with a theoretical shipment date of 06 FEB 2004. I said theoretical cause the tracking number is pending as of this mornng (09 FEB 2004). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

I'm in no particular hurry for these lights, though I would like them sometime this month. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Update:

Got the BD Moonlight Pro today. No multiple light levels on this one. The Sportsman's Guide light should be shipped tomorrow.

Any news on your end???

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes.

I got the Pelican M6 LED via UPS today. When I took a look at her, I was shocked. Its actually roughly the same size as a Mini-Mag 2AA (shorter than the Mag, but slightly wider). Yet, when I turned it on the brightness is incredible--it has both good throw and good sidespill. I practically keeled over in shock at how much quality light the M6 LED puts out. Here is my opinion:

Pelican M6 LED:

Beam quality: A

Beam is pure white and doesn't have noticable blemishes. The beam is very bright in the center, yet even the sidespill is bright enough to light up most of a small room well. It is absolutely shocking how white the M6 LED beam is. Are all Pelican M6 LEDs having beams this good? If so, I'll be ordering more some day.

Fit/Finish: A-

Not quite as well put together as an Arc, but IMO it beats most Streamlights and similar brands. Feels like a lot of time and quality was put into this light.

Weakness Areas: IMO, the only area that is a glaring weakness is the lack of a regulator. These 123A batteries are not cheap (even the Surefire batteries are more expensive than most Alkalines). It would be nice to get the most out of the batteries--especially having the light stay near peak brightness for as long as possible. What good is having 41 lumens if that figure only applies for the first couple minutes use? (I'm taking a guess here, I don't know the exact lumen figures nor do I have the equipment to graph it).

Overal: A-

Excellent flashlight. A super value at $60. This model is a regulator away from being a can't miss exceptional value. Even without the regulator though, I have to say I'm thrilled with her performance.

Overall score IMO, 93/100.

A very happy M6 LED owner,

Mattman

Enlightened
357, if you check out a few of the reivews of the M6 LED, you'll see that nearly everyone is very happy with the beam of that light. Flashlightreviews.com gave the light an excellent review as well, so chances are you'll get another good one if you decide to pick up another. Kevin at batterystation.com has them for $45, so go grab a few more!

Flashlight Enthusiast
Update:

I finally got an email from the website I bought the LED Extreme Predator telling me that they got my order. They say it might take ANOTHER 14 days before its shipped. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif Seems pretty ridiculous for a company to take this long just to ship it.

On the positive side, I got my Elektro Lumens HB-1R via UPS today.

Here is my opinion (I'm just going to discuss the 3 watt since it stands out the most):

Beam: Very white, with minor blemishes present. VERY BRIGHT with LOTS of throw. Not much side spill. Not a perfect beam, but very good.

Fit/Finish: Good to very good. I was disapointed that they don't put the model # on the light. How can you tell a 1 watt 2D blaster from a 3 watt 2D Hyper-Blaster? (of course, if you load both up with batteries you can tell the Hyper is brighter, but if both are not loaded with batteries? The fit of the parts appears to be very good to me, and it feels like a well made machine.

Positives: regulation circuit, throw brightness, very good beam quality, good workmanship/fit/finish, runs on easy to find D batteries, good size:brightness ratio (slightly smaller than a 2D Maglite), and great price.

Negatives: Lack of model # printed on the light, lack of sufficient side spill (really not a big issue since I bought this model expecting it to be for mostly throw).

Overall: IMO, a very good light. 90/100

Again, a very happy customer. I'll be coming back to Elektrolumens and ordering more of their products in the future...most probably another Hyper-Blaster. I think I'll stick with their regulated models.