Armytek Tailcaps

nervouswreckdiver

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone found a suitable replacement switch that can be used in the Armytek Tactical lights(like a McClicky) as I have had 2 bad caps that don't consistently click on?

novarider

Newly Enlightened
I just ordered two lights from them so I'll keep an eye on this thread. Sorry I can't help

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think mtnelectronics offers a couple of switches that might work for the 3-4V emitter lights.
Might require sanding down the PCB to fit.
Down breathe in the PCB dust.

Jose Marin

Enlightened
Order from skylumen. They are called fs4 get the short one and switch only. i have one in my dp xhp35

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast
Order from skylumen. They are called fs4 get the short one and switch only. i have one in my dp xhp35

You can order the same part from Mountain Electronics for $2.75 versus $14.00 on Skylumen

Last edited:

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks I tried the 20mm switch from MTN but it was too large, I'll try the 17mm, hopefully it will fit.

Ask Richard the max amps those switches can handle. For the newer AT lights with XHP emitters and higher draw, you might need a spring bypass in those switches, if not ruling them all all together.

Jose Marin

Enlightened
Thanks for the tip. Did you have to modify the switch at all?
No it fit fine, i think i left one of the spacers out though. Yes you get a cheaper switch on mountain but skylumen's are modified for lower resistance and higher amperage. The xhp 35 armyteks draw around 6-7 amps, i actually got a few more lux after swapping the switch