xhp 70 12v driver

necromunger

Newly Enlightened
what would be the best driver to use for this led as i want it for a bike light and have one already built just i am using a buck converter atm to limit voltage and currant to the specs but have taken it to 2.5a and shorted my input cable and melted the wires off the pcb,copper.

just i see some of these drivers on max are putting 5a in to these leds and even with the load i am using it is getting very hot anyway in my test build.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCxpONgVhKg&t=2s

necromunger

Newly Enlightened
not to sure if that will work is there any drivers like this i could use? if not ill just stick with my boost converter.

necromunger

Newly Enlightened
are these led flash light drivers any good for constant hi beam ie 3 hrs at at time as on my ebike i should be able to cool them down but how hot do these drivers get under full load ?

necromunger

Newly Enlightened
i just cant see the point in adding a heat sink for a driver in the light tbh ? are they that shite as the coil is so tiny it wont do max amps for very long if the temps are that high as got this one so high the button fell off and the solder was boiling on the pcb.