Question about Olight magnetic charging cable

jeff400650

Newly Enlightened
I have recently bought the S1R, the S2R and the R50 Seeker Pro. I use them mostly as bicycle lights since I ride a lot, and this time of year, I am in the dark every day. The S1R clips on my helmet visor, and the other two alternate on the handle bars, depending on how much light and duration I need. They are all fantastic.

There are other Olghit lights that use a charging dock. Do they also work with the little clip-on magnetic cable? Looking at the Olight site, and other sources, it is unclear. Specifically, I would like to get the S30 Javelot as an addition on the bike to the R50 Seeker to add a dose of longer range throw, but I really need it to work with the same charger. I do some multi day touring, and the MCC system makes charging so easy. I don't want to carry the big triangular desk top charger.

kj2

Flashaholic
The S30 comes with a charging dock. Don't know if the MCC will work. Think it's best to contact Olight for that.
Basically it is the same system, only in a different form factor.

Olightworld

Enlightened
Thanks a lot for the kind words Jeff. So the S1R and S2R use the exact same charger. The S30R Javelot is not compatible with this charger though. The S30R Javelot only works with the charging dock that it comes with. The S30R II comes with the same dock as well. So to sum things up:

The S30R Javelot is not compatible with the S1R, S2R or R50 chargers. The S30R III is compatible though. I would recommend going with the S30R III so you can use the same charger for all 3 lights. It has a standard lens which gives you a longer more focused beam than the S1R and S2R.

I have recently bought the S1R, the S2R and the R50 Seeker Pro. I use them mostly as bicycle lights since I ride a lot, and this time of year, I am in the dark every day. The S1R clips on my helmet visor, and the other two alternate on the handle bars, depending on how much light and duration I need. They are all fantastic.

There are other Olghit lights that use a charging dock. Do they also work with the little clip-on magnetic cable? Looking at the Olight site, and other sources, it is unclear. Specifically, I would like to get the S30 Javelot as an addition on the bike to the R50 Seeker to add a dose of longer range throw, but I really need it to work with the same charger. I do some multi day touring, and the MCC system makes charging so easy. I don't want to carry the big triangular desk top charger.

Last edited: