Seeking clip for SL Twintask 2L >>

patrickb

Newly Enlightened
A quick intro, after lurking here for a few months, I finally picked up my first real light, the above captioned Twin Task 2L. You guys must hear this all the time, but I can't belive how bright this thing is compared to my old 3D Maglights!

Anyway, is there somewhere I can find an aftermarket pocket/clothing clip for this light? How about some sort of accessory clip? Thanks & look forward to your response.

patrick

Topper

Flashaholic*
Hi Patrickb, I welcome you to CPF! Hide your wallet! I am not aware of a clip. However there are many holster/sheath/pouches (not sure what you call them) that will fit very well. I do not like clips my self they are too flimsy or rip my clothes if they are tight enough to hold the light firmly. Best of luck.
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
you could probably drill and tap holes for your own clip... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

online knife stores often sell various clips of sorts. i've used titanium blanks on various projects with good sucess.

patrickb

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Welcome to CPF patrick. Do you mean a clip such as a carabiner type one or the pen kind? -Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, the clip like on a pen. I was hoping not to have to drill holes in it myself. I wondered if anyone had purchased a clip aftermarket that would fit. If not, no big deal, I really like the light and the wrist lanyard is enough to keep it on my person.

First it's mechanical wristwatches, then it's pocket knives and now...flashlights? I may be in trouble here. Thanks for the help guys.

Quasar

Newly Enlightened
I'm using a surefire v20 holster(nylon with a belt loop) for my TT 2L. It's a snug fit which I prefer. The downside is you can't pull and replace the light fast.

Holster

patrickb

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
I'm using a surefire v20 holster(nylon with a belt loop) for my TT 2L. It's a snug fit which I prefer. The downside is you can't pull and replace the light fast.
Holster

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Quasar.

Artful

Newly Enlightened
Sorry I didn't see this earlier but I found the clip/lanyard ring from a surefire will be a snug fit on TwinTask (remove tailcap slip/force ring on and replace tailcap). You may have to bend the clip in a little to get the fit you want.

I was looking for way to have lanyard other than end of light as I am planning on drilling out the end for a kroll switch for more convient on/off without having to cycle thru all modes to get back to what I want (LED mostly) also put both switches in off mode to pack light in suitcase.

Loadedround

Newly Enlightened
I've been looking for the same thing myself. I already have the Kroll clickie. I would like the same clip they have on the Streamlight TL-2 and 3. Does anyone know where you can buy Streamlight parts like clips and tailcaps?

Thanks LR

Bill.H

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Loadedround said:
Does anyone know where you can buy Streamlight parts like clips and tailcaps?

[/ QUOTE ]

Look here. The repair dealer near me, for example, stocks many parts. I was able to buy a Kroll by going there and getting a replacement switch for a Streamlight Jr.