Dell does its bit

eluminator

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you really think that someone at Dell decided to do that to entertain themselves or to annoy their customers?

Must I remind you that there are two organizations that can force you, me and Dell to do whatever they want you, me or Dell to do.

As the Mafia isn't that ruthless or venal, I must assume the government, probably the Federales, forced them to do it. It might not have been spelled out exactly, but the Dell lawyers, and you do need lawyers to stay in business these days, probably read some "Homeland Security Act", decided they didn't want to spend the rest of their lives in Guantanamo Bay, and came up with the little questionaire.

And as usual, some unfortunate private organization gets the blame. Never the hugh, overbearing, out of control government.

P.S. Where's the spell checker?

EDIT: I see the quick reply and spell checker are back. Good work Sasha.

LED-FX

Enlightened
Would guess it something to do with Export regulations.

In the days of mainframes and mini computers, after a VAX mini went to the USSR via Sweden, new regulations meant a bank moving offices from London to Brighton, 60 miles down coast in England, had to get a U.S. export licence to move the IBM mainframe, before the IBM techs could carry out the work. So not a lot is new.

Adam

Avix

Newly Enlightened
not just external, they refused to sell to Weigland (sp) Combat Handguns because he didn't pass the in house terrorisim protocols (he had the word "combat" in his company name.)