anonymous e-mail address?

eluminator

Flashlight Enthusiast
I switched my e-mail address from the free one that my ISP gives me to some I have @yahoo.com because I get a lot of spam at my ISP e-mail address. I don't get anything but spam at the ISP address anymore.

But I recently discovered that ebay still has my old ISP address, so I attempted to change it to one of my Yahoo addresses. When I do so, ebay sez the address is anonymous and so I need to give them my credit card for verification.

What's an anonymous e-mail address?
What's a non-anonymous e-mail address?
How can I get a non-anonymous e-mail address so ebay will be happy, without knowing my credit card number?

By the way, my yahoo addresses aren't free. I pay a yearly fee so I can get POP access.

P.S. What happened to the spell checker?

EDIT: I see the quick reply and spell checker are back.

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
eBay considers any e-mail address that can be signed up for without a verified ID or through your own ISP what they call "anonymous". These would include yahoo, hotmail, etc...

The fact that you pay for extra access or storage doesn't matter to them. Most yahoo e-mails aren't paid for.

An example of a non-anonymous e-mail address would be att.net, a corporate e-mail, and especially an e-mail address that is through your own domain (like 92f.com).

Does this help?

eluminator

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I'm getting the idea. I think I can get another e-mail address from my ISP. It's going to take time though. My original ISP company was bought out by another, and I don't even know what my account number is. And I can't log on to their site without it. I sent them an e-mail, and I expect a response any month now.

Thanks.

B@rt

Flashaholic
with E-bay, you can add another e-mail adress and make that your primary one, so all e-may mail will be sent there afaik... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif