Kastar 18650 dual charger

Mikey8s

Newly Enlightened
I purchased a Kastar 18650 charger from eBay, it came with 2 LGHG2 3000Mah batteries. There was no instructions with this charger and as I am new to 18650 batteries, I attempted (with no luck) to find something on the internet. This charger has two bays, each with it's own LED indicator and in the description it is called an "intelligent charger". My question is : will this charger automatically shut off when the batteries have a sufficient charge ? I have no idea if this purchase was a good choice, I had read that the LG HG batteries were good for my flashlight and I needed a charger as well. I appreciate any advice. Thanks !

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
All that I see on Ebay for Kastar chargers, are chargers that charge up battery packs, or 'blocks.' I see nothing that charges up round li-ion cells.

Are you not thinking of Xtar?

Xtar, Nitecore, Liitokala, Opus, SkyRC, among others, all make quality chargers.

Plus, you have the flashlight makers branding chargers.

Post a picture of the charger, or a link to the charger you bought and we can go from there.

Too many good brands out there, to be mucking with unknown quantities.

Happy New Year.

Chris

Last edited:

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Chris is right. Need to be very cautious buying from the bay. There are lots of counterfeit batteries & chargers out there. Post photos of the charger & batteries. That way we can better guide you. Welcome to CPF & Happy New Years.