Acebeam K70 or Trunite TN42C ?

jfbclub

Newly Enlightened
I was ready to order a K70 and then saw a few reviews, test on the TH42 and am now leaning in that direction not only because of the beam throw but I like the external recharging . I going to be using it to spot deer primarily and would really like a pistol grip spot but can't seem to find anything worthy for less than a small fortune. I have gone through multiple halogen, and a led but need to step it up.
Thanks in advance.

ven

Flashaholic
Pistol grip spot, presume 18650 size/compact thrower..............couple that spring to mind if so. xp-g2 format de-domed(spec 4)
http://skylumen.com/collections/v54-lights/products/s200c2vn-need-spec
Crazy throw in small form
http://skylumen.com/collections/v54-lights/products/m30cvnt-300k-lux
Something to mount
http://skylumen.com/collections/v54-lights/products/streamlight-tlr-1vn-compact-rifle-thrower

Regarding the 2 larger throwers, both are excellent choices. The tn42 does outperform the k70 due to the xhp35 HI living in a larger reflector...............so for ultimate performance that is the winner.
Still check the UI out of each, mode spacing, control ring or switch and see which suits your needs the best.

Good luck in your hunt:)

jfbclub

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the input, I wish I could actually handle them both but no can due here. As for the pistol grip spot, size is not really a concern would just like to be under $250

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been searching the world wide web for "K70 versus TN42", and I have been viewing various comparative beamshots and videos, and I have been using google translate to read content that has been posted around the world in several languages.

Two things: 1. Differences in the flashlights themselves, such as switching, user interface, charging, size, weight, build, etc.

2. Differences in beam profile/performance.

I am more interested in item 2, differences in the beam profile/performance.

From what I have read in international forums, at short and medium range, there is not much difference in beam profile/performance. At the longest range of the lights, the TN42 does throw a little bit more/some more.

Theodore41

Enlightened
I have been searching the world wide web for "K70 versus TN42", and I have been viewing various comparative beamshots and videos, and I have been using google translate to read content that has been posted around the world in several languages.

Two things: 1. Differences in the flashlights themselves, such as switching, user interface, charging, size, weight, build, etc.

2. Differences in beam profile/performance.

I am more interested in item 2, differences in the beam profile/performance.

From what I have read in international forums, at short and medium range, there is not much difference in beam profile/performance. At the longest range of the lights, the TN42 does throw a little bit more/some more.

I agree.
Now,I put another point of view.The position of the switch,which is not good in the K70,when you are in a hurry and you have to press it by your index finger and not by your thumb,because of the large size of the light.From the other hand,the ring in the K70 is better than the side switch of the TN42,because you can put this ring in some position,and it is here when you turn the light on,even if it is turbo or strobe mode.