Lucidrv2 programming help

Chrisdm

Enlightened
Hi yall, i have a few custom lights that have the lucidrv2 firmware and am having trouble programming them. It seems the instructions are written for reverse clickies, but all mine are unfortunately forward clickies. For example it says 8 taps to enter programming mode. I take it a tap is the momentary tap, versus a click? You can only do the momentary tap when the flashlight is offm so are you supposed to give it a full click on the 8th time so it is on? Thanks for your insight..

gunga

Flashaholic
This is correct. You can mimic a reverse clicky by holding the button in (momentary on) and releasing the number of taps to program. You get used to it. I have this driver in a few of my lights. One of my favourites.

Thetasigma

Flashlight Enthusiast
Forward switch is much easier to program lucidrv with. I use half taps for everything. Things like brightness change you just want a quick on-off actuation by half taps. I don't think there is anything that requires a full tap as it is just looking for a power cycle.

Note that you can rapidly half tap to get to programming mode, and it requires at least 8 taps, but can be more. The actual programming taps can be slower but must be the correct number.

Chrisdm

Enlightened
Thanks guys, but I'm still not getting it. So there is never a click is what I understand. The flashlight is off (but in the level I want to change according to its memory, or by holding a momentary press)... Then I give it 8 more very rapid momentary presses, and when I let go on the 8th one, the light is still off.. You're telling me when I let go on this 8th (or more) momentary press, the light should blink instead of be off?

Chrisdm

Enlightened
After the 8th momentary press you have to hold it down (the momentary press that is, no full click).

See, things like this should really be in the instructions!!! However it still isnt working for me...:thinking:

Thanks again for your help guys..

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
See, things like this should really be in the instructions!!! However it still isnt working for me...:thinking:
Well, if you can´t get into programming mode the LuciDrv maybe just isn´t for you. I find it rather simple to prgramm.

though maybe you are focusing too much on 8 taps. Just try to tap as fast as you can without counting, even if you end up with 9 or 10 taps it will go into programming mode. If that´s not working follow gunga´s advise ;)

Thetasigma

Flashlight Enthusiast
You're hung up on the 8 taps, forget about the 8 taps.

Programming Requirements:
-Ability to do a half-press/momentary

Programming Lucidrv2:

If you want to change general settings, the mode you are in when putting it into programming mode does NOT matter.

BUT if you want to change mode specific features such as brightness, strobe/solid, or adding/deleting a mode, it does matter.

Example: Change brightness on a desired mode.
All On states indicated below are half-press/momentary

1. Select the mode you wish to change and hold it on for 1+ seconds to select the mode for programming purposes
2. Now you cycle the power AT LEAST 8 times, don't try to do 8, just do a bunch. So you have the flashlight On, then Off-On-Off-On......Off-On.
Notice that the end of the sequence should be ON. This sequence is done fairly quickly >1/2 second each cycle
3. If you have completed the above sequence correctly, the light should flash a pattern indicating it is in programming mode
4. While the light is flashing you input your menu selection number via On cycles, such as for a the brightness menu,

(Brightness is menu 3) Off-On Off-On Off-On

5. The light will now ramp through the brightness levels starting from the lowest.
6. When the desired brightness is seen, select it via a power cycle Off-On

7. The steps are the same for the other options except that you'll get a different flashing sequence to indicate a different menu when selected.

8. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT THE END OF EVERY CONFIGURATION ENDS ON AN ON-STATE. Otherwise the programming is incomplete and dropped.