Just some quick thoughts and opinions about my Convoy Lights (LD04, C8 & L6)

KiwiMark

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have recently bought 3 Convoy lights, all in neutral tint (5000K). I thought I'd share my thoughts on them.

Convoy LD04 - Convoy's little zoomie
This is a fairly compact 18650 light, noticeably smaller than the C8 and also quite a bit smaller than the Meco zoomie.
Side by side output comparison with the Meco makes the Meco light look almost purple, the 5000K output of the Convoy is MUCH more pleasant to look at, but the brightness isn't all that much different (kind of hard to be sure with the different tint).
I tried out the LD04 alongside the C8, at full zoom the LD04 did NOT match the C8 for throw, in many ways this is a fail but the throw is still decent on the LD04 and it is a smaller light.
Where the LD04 really stands out is on full wide, you get a nice broad beam with no hot spot - this is quite useful in many situations.
This cost less than US$25, so it is a pretty affordable light.

Convoy C8 - compact thrower
Though bigger than some 18650 lights this is not a huge light and it really does throw very well. It has a decent sized smooth reflector with the LED very deep in there, great light for throw while still having a very usable spill. The output at around 1,000 Lumens doesn't set any records, but I paid under US$25 which included shipping to New Zealand and for that money this is a VERY good performing light! Overall the quality of build, output of light and the options offered by the UI make this an impressive light for the money it costs.

Convoy L6 - WOW!
This light costs around sixty bucks, is very well made and outputs more than 3,000 Lumens, what's not to like?
This isn't a thrower, but on maximum output the light will certainly throw to a decent distance.
Powered by two 26650 cells you can get a really good run time, especially on low or medium output.
If you liked the form factor of a 2C or 3C Maglite then here is a modern light you might enjoy!
What is a competitor for this light? What can you buy for similar money with genuine >3,000 Lumens?
I think this would have to be one of my favourite lights, if I grab this to check out a noise in my back yard I'll be able to light up that area real good!
This is just a stunning light at a really good price!

In all three lights I'm seeing really good value for the very reasonable price.
There are cheaper brands - but they aren't so good.
There are brands that make lights which are better in many ways - but they are quite a lot more expensive.

Thom2022

Enlightened
I have just bought a C8 and am also very happy with it. So much so that I've also ordered an M2 for is smaller form factor for the other half.

Thom2022

Enlightened
But then I need to buy some 26650's, and if i do that then I have to buy a 26650 vape or some sort, it's a slippery slope! Maybe when I've got £120 or so to **** away.

Impossible lumens

Enlightened
The L6 is nice for the money. Good quality, bright, easily modded, cheap. I don't have the C8, never did come by one. I'll have to get me one though before kiwimark reads this. You really should get an L6 Thom2022.

KiwiMark

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have both the Convoy C8 and the Acebeam EC60vn, they both have a 5000K neutral white emitter and they both throw really well.
The Acebeam has a bit more output and is probably the better light.
The Convoy isn't all that far behind and cost under $25 shipped, I paid $132 for the Acebeam and had to pay shipping on top of that.
Which is the better value?

Some people buy a junk light for ten bucks and don't care because it didn't cost much, but for another fifteen bucks you can get a light like the C8 which would totally blow away the ten buck steaming pile.
How many of the really cheap lights have a nice tint? How many output a true 1,000 Lumens? How many throw really well?
The C8 may not be the best light you can get your hands on but you would have trouble finding a light any better for under twenty five bucks!
I'd highly recommend this light for anyone that wants a nice light with a good tint and impressive output and throw - all without breaking the bank.