• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Luxeon with DC/DC for under $20.00

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lately there's been some real upward creep in modified flashlight prices. Not that it is unwarranted with the accompanying improvements in performance and features, but still, prices are getting a little "pricey". While long time CPF members may accept the higher prices as they continue their quest for better and better lighting tools, it's a big jump for beginners and the newest members to fork over a large sum of cash for their first custom modded flashlight. Therefore, to give beginners and new members a more reasonable first mod entry price point, I present the EZ LED MOD $19.95 Illuminator Pill Kit - includes NX05 optic lens and gasket.

illpilla.jpg

The Ill Pill is available in kit form to transform your existing Brinkmann Legend 2AA, MiniMag 2AA, or other suitable 2AA flashlight into a bright Luxeon LED flashlight. A great first modification for the beginner, this kit takes only minutes to apply and results in a durable and better performing flashlight than the original incandescent light.

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast
That looks great.
Maybe even I could do that.
And a reasonable price too.
Will those be on the web page?
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
That looks great.
Maybe even I could do that.
And a reasonable price too.
Will those be on the web page?
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, posted on the webpage.

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif Looks like a LD emitter? What is the drive current to the LS?

Peter

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Very nice! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif Looks like a LD emitter? What is the drive current to the LS?

Peter

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, LD emitter with Nx05 optics.

Luxeon current varies from chip to chip and Luxeon to Luxeon; somewhere in the 350-450ma range.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Leave it to Kevin to make sure the newer guys aren't left out in the cold. In fact if it wasn't for Lambda's guidance and encouragement I wouldn't be making mods myself today - Truth!

Kevin, you Da Man...

hideo

Enlightened
Kevin, how's that bi-pin dropin for 1xAA/AAA doing anyway /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

hideo

MrTodds

Newly Enlightened
I can't quite make out the scale on the runtime graph on your web page. Is it 10 minutes every vertical line? So about 70 min for NiHh bats?

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
excellent price and ecellent stuff /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Lambda, would it be current regulated or V only? you said current somewhere from 350 to 450, how do we know which one we got?

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
I can't quite make out the scale on the runtime graph on your web page. Is it 10 minutes every vertical line? So about 70 min for NiHh bats?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that is correct, 10 minutes a line, 100 min graph. YMMV.

Mr. B, thanks.

hideo - late Feb/Mar last report

cy

Flashaholic
I'll take one Mini Mag kit in Q2K.
email and paypal sent.

Thanks,
CY

browntown

Newly Enlightened
Email and paypal sent, thanks Lambda, your reasonable price point is much appreciated. Question: In the website instructions it speaks of the twist on/off as part of the heatsinking process, would a kroll not be reccomended for a minimag with IllPill?

Seabass

Newly Enlightened
This may be a newbie question but I'm new here so hopefully I can get away with it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

What's the difference between this mod and the much more expensive MadMax/BadBoy sandwiches?

Also, do you know where I can find beam shots that show the difference between Q5K and Q2K?

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
cool4light - No, AA size flashlights only

Browntown - Kroll is fine, pill will be in contact with battery tube to light up

Seabass - good question; the IllPill is basically a much less efficient design than MM/BB, and produces lower current output. Hey, you got to give something up for the lower price..

Seabass

Newly Enlightened
Okay so another noob question: The IllPill and MadMax are both Luxeons while the Opalec Newbeam is three Nichias? And the differences in emitter types affects the brightness (which in turn affects battery life?)