A review of - THORFIRE PF04 AAA battery flashlight

Tribal

Newly Enlightened
A review of the THORFIRE PF04
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B018S0DOOC/

Lets start with the features and specifications given by Thorfire:

- PF04 pen light uses a single LED, giving out MAX 210 lumens. Using two AAA batteries.

- Dimensions 6.7 x 2.8 x 1.6 inches

- Three light setting are: Firefly (0.5LM ) - Mid(50LM) - High(210LM) with memory, step down from High to Mid in 3 min to save juice. Perfect for daily different applications.

- IPX8 Waterproof, submersible up to 2m, carry it for camping/hiking/fishing/boating.

- This led flashlight is designed with corrosion resistant aircraft grade aluminum alloy material, which is only 24.5g in weight but solid enough in any harsh environment.

- With an improved reflecting technology, this new product is capable of outputting a maximum 210 lumens brightness along with a 55 minutes using time by only 2 AAA batteries (NOT Included).
In addition, the lighting time can last to 240 hours under its lowest illumination.

- This product is only 5 inches long, which means lesser space occupancy and more flexible placement choices. You can simple clip it onto your pocket, bags, notebook or anywhere you want.

Unboxing:
IMG_3610_zpsj8gobdmh.jpg

IMG_3612_zpsec1005zt.jpg

The PF04 came to me in a small brown carton with the model number and brand name written across the box. Inside the bottom of the box was layer of foam and the light itself was nicely packaged in bubble wrap.
The instructions were folded neatly around the light and and there was a small packet with two extra o-rings placed inside.

First Impressions:

This light looks sleek and handles well in hand. At a weight of only 24 grams without batteries and 47g grams with, I thought for sure this would feel too light or flimsy but this is not the case.
I was really impressed with the black finish as it is so smooth and clean looking. The threading on the battery cap wears really well even after a handful of times taking the batteries in and out.
The body of this light is made from aircraft-grade aluminum. The make and model number etched on the side are clear and easy to read and fit well on the light and are not overdone.
Its comes XP-G2 R5 Led with three settings. The three settings are Firefly (0.5LM ) - Mid(50LM) - High(210LM). The lowest setting is enough to view a map or paper while the mid is perfect to find something in the car or even walk down a path with the dog.
The brightest setting is really something else! I was so impressed with the brightness and range for such a small flashlight (only running on two AAA batteries). This thing pumps out some serious light. The issue that i have with these settings is that the lowest setting is basically useless without some type of tactical scenario in mind, the mid is good for an all around carry but the high is only good for a few minutes till it downgrades itself. The LED is well centered in the reflector and the lens looks to be scratch resistant.

The PF04 comes with a clip which is about 1/3 of the flashlights length. The clip itself is a good size but I was rather disapointed that it was silver and not black like the rest of the body.
Turning this light on is very easy and is done by the multifunctional tail switch at the end of the light. The switch is rubber and clicks to turn on and off but tap it and it goes through the three settings which is awesome and feels extremely comfortable and super easy to use.
It also has a memory feature which means whatever setting you left it on that's where it stays when it's turned back on.

Sorry i cant get into lumen graphs and crazy stats cause im new to this and dont have the the machinery

Without batteries
IMG_3621_zpsqun4xskx.jpg

With batteries
IMG_3622_zpstqnzwgm7.jpg

IMG_3615_zpspplr4byr.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts