Alternatives to ebay - Amazon? AliExpress? Alibaba? BangGood?

OttaMattaPia

Newly Enlightened
wow. After 20 years dealing with ebay they just screwed the pooch. Can't believe what they just did to me.
I think the new CEO is a real jewel.

Long story short, a bad buyer I had never dealt with wanted me to reduce the price and pay for shipping on an item...I politely declined. He insisted, I blocked him.
He created a new account and bought the item anyway, just to leave bad feedback. Ebay tells me tough. Deal with it. Fair?
I guess I should just suck it up. Life is not fair.

Anyway, as a matter of principle, I need to leave ebay. Not easy.

Is Amazon, Banggood, AliExpress and Alibaba etc good alternatives?

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Can't speak for others but as a buyer I don't automatically avoid a less than perfect score for the seller.

If it's something I want and the seller has a score of less than perfect I take the time to read some reviews knowing that many times it wasn't the seller who was bad.
One of my favorite sellers has a score in the upper 80's.

If I see the same thing a few times like "seller was slow" or "product arrived damaged" then yeah, I'll keep looking.

Hell the other night I bought an item because the seller posted "hey, millenials it's not perfect, it's $4.00".

Don't sweat 1 bad review. If you have only sold 2 items then yeah a 50% is bad. But if your score is above 90... pffft big deal.

Where my wife works they are all about surveys. Thing is corparate doesn't understand that the only people filling out the surveys are the snowflakes who just want to gripe.
I say "return customers" is the real tale of the tape. Not some score.

Last edited:

extendbatterylife

Newly Enlightened
My testimonial for Aliexpress:

[FONT=&quot]Sent the wrong item and then made no effort to help or fix the problem.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Instead I got attitude and told that I did not contact them soon enough.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I am very busy and do not always have access to internet, I also wasn't sure they sent me the wrong thing until I talked to the THIRD customer service rep.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I've also known many people who have ordered from this site and never even received their packages, they where not helped either.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Will never buy anything from this site again and advise people to avoid it.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Stick to real sites like amazon who always do what is right and have always been polite and very helpful if I received the wrong package or did not get one at all. Even Ebay is more reliable and helpful then this site.[/FONT]

I think most of us will choose Ebay or Amazon for shopping!